Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 09:48 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > 500 Internal Server Error - After Installation
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
ecisme ecisme's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

500 Internal Server Error - After Installation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-26-11 01:48 AM next post first post

Hello,

I recently purchased the classifiedawy script and installed it on my server. When I contacted my host and ask them to install the required Perl Modules, they refused to install them and told me that I was not allowed to install these modules either.

I then changed the server information in my account at the mewsoft website to refelect my other domain, which already has the required Perl Modules installed,  and installed the classifiedawy script on that server. (I have read the tos and understand that you can only have one license on one domain at one a time and that to run the script on more than one domain you need to purchase additional license). This was the reason for changing the information in my account at the mewsoft website so that I will NOT be in violation of the these rules.

After changing servers,  I now get the following error message when I try to access the admin section to configure the script:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mydomain.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.mydomain.com Port 80

Can someone help with this problem?

Thanks,

ecisme

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: 500 Internal Server Error - After Installation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-26-11 05:33 PM next post previous post

This error has no relation with your domain license at our My Account , on our site you use your license number to download the software only and if you want to use our auto installer but it does not do anything with the software on your server. the error is due to installation problems, you can follow the installation steps here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/classified/installation.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

RE: 500 Internal Server Error - After Installation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-26-11 07:17 PM next post previous post

I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say here, I used the auto installer to install this script, so I don't think there is a problem with the installation, at least there shouldn't be.

When you purchase the script and set up an account to download the script for the first time, you are asked what domain you are going to be installing the script on. When asked this info, I typed in the domain I was going to install the script on, I then installed the script and realized I had to change to another domain because the hosting account refused to install the required Perl Modules.

I changed the domain information in the," My Account", at the mewsoft website to refelect the new domain I am going to be installing it on, once I install the script, using the auto-installer,  I get a 500 Internal Server Error and my computer gets flagged for Suspecious or Fradulent Activity.

The minute I take the script off my server, the Flag for suspecious or fradulant activity is taken off my computer.

My questions is:

How can I get the script installed at a different location or server other than what was specified at the time of purchase?

I have changed the information in the "My Account", at the mewsoft website, to refelect the new domain I wish to install the script at, but this doesn't seem to work. After changing the info to refelect the new domain, I still get the error message and my computer is then flagged for suspecoious or fradulent activity.

Please help!

Thanks,

ecisme

Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: 500 Internal Server Error - After Installation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-26-11 07:28 PM next post previous post

Your question is still confused.

Is your error the same as above "internal server error"?, if so then you need to set the files permissions to 755 using any FTP program.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Problem Finally Solved - Internal Server Error - After AUTO - Installation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-28-11 05:29 AM next post previous post
The Auto-Installer apparently didn't set the file permissions for the admin.cgi file when it installed the files.\ \ Once I looked at the error logs on my server, I found the problem and was able to fix it myself.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 07-29-11 04:37 AM last post previous post

Yes the auto installer does not auto set the files permissions on all servers, this is because of your server OS and FTP server, this normally noticed only on server ruining the BSD or FreeBSD operating systems. Anyway good you got it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print