Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 03:17 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > About Me Page
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Focusman01 Focusman01's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

About Me Page Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-26-10 12:15 AM next post first post
Hello.

I have a enduser tester that made a very good point regarding the About Me Page. They told me how they could bypass the Upload Files, Bold Title, Colored Title, and Gift Icon Fees.

Example: Pay the flat fee of $12.00 for one year of ads.
Place an ad something like: Deal of the week under any category.
Ad Description: Check out Deal of the week! For more info Click on My About Me Link.

By using the About Me Page Editor, a enduser can upload as many photos, and gift icons as pleased, they can create there own bold titles.., basically they would have a one page website with e-mail forwarding, hyperlinks, access to change their About Me Page daily, weekly and so on, for a flat $12.00 a year fee.

The only 3 items they could not bypass is Featured Home Page, Featured Plus and Gallery Listing.

I can not find anything within admin side to control or limit this from being done, just thinking about sever usuage :shock: .

Hopefully the next update will addressed this issue, or is there some way to control or limit these actions?

Thanks.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: About Me Page Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-27-10 05:01 AM last post previous post
It seems you did not understand the about me exactly. The about me pages does NOT upload any photos or files to the server. They CAN use links to images on the web but they can NOT upload images or files so your thoughts not correct and of course you can disable this feature if you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print