Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Every page is loading fine except viewad
maverick First Post Posted on: 04-03-11 04:00 PM
Every page is loading fine except viewad

Every page is loading just fine but viewad is not. i could blame the hosting comapny but ONLY viewad page does not load. What do you say about this? The site has about 100 ads in the database. The server is linux, perl version is 5.8.1, mysql version is 4.0.22. \ Maybe a caching module like there http://search.cpan.org/~dcoppit/CGI-Cache/ can be implemented. Another solution might be compiling the ad page to HTML and storing it in the temp directory.
maverick Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-03-11 04:03 PM
Re: Every page is loading fine except viewad

By the way there is no modification on the source code and templates.
mewsoft Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-04-11 09:04 PM

You said you have ads already, so  I assume this page was working. In general nothings stops working by itself, something has to be change, also you did not see what error message , also post the url to your site to check what error.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

maverick Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-05-11 07:56 PM

There is NO error. I didnt mention anything related to error in my post.\ \ I said sometimes viewing ads takes a very long time whereas other pages of the script like front page loading just fine. So I want to ask anybody experience this kind of thing. \ \ Do you ever think about caching into scripts?
mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-06-11 07:18 AM

This depends on your hosting company only, if you are on a shared hosting (not a dedicated server) then the same computer is used among hunderds sites if not thousands, so the server resources is divided amonth all these and it is just the probability theory about how others sites traffic work with the times you check your site.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

maverick Reply #: 5 Posted on: 04-09-11 01:08 AM

I'm saying EVERY page is loading fine. Just viewad page is slow-loading. \ \ If there were a speed problem because of hosting company then ALL pages should load slowly. But this time just view ad loading slow.
maverick Reply #: 6 Posted on: 04-19-11 12:18 AM

Still, occasionally viewad page loading take ages. Can reason be the amount of queries on viewad page? \ \ Have you ever thought of implementing CGI-Cache?
maverick Reply #: 7 Posted on: 04-19-11 03:16 AM

Maybe locking of a file or database causes this?\ \ Maybe view_item_counter causing trouble?
mewsoft Reply #: 8 Posted on: 04-20-11 08:02 PM

No, it is still same answer, you can get yourself a dedicated server or change hosting and see the difference.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com