Forums Index > Mewsoft > Official Announcements > Auctionawy 11.88, Classifiedawy 11.64, Searchawy 10.74, and Boardawy 2.32 Upgrade - Users Subdomains Feature
mewsoft First Post Posted on: 07-30-12 11:27 AM
Auctionawy 11.88, Classifiedawy 11.64, Searchawy 10.74, and Boardawy 2.32 Upgrade - Users Subdomains Feature

Dear All,

1)-This upgrade adds a new very nice feature for your users, it allows users to have their username (User ID) as a subdomain on your website, so users can access their about me pages as subdomain of your website, for example, a user with username "mewsoft" will be able to access his about me page from the browser direct as:

mewsoft.yourdomain.com

The program will automatically redirect this subdomain to the user about me folder, this will help you promot your website as users will use their about me page as their own personal website.

To have this feature, your website MUST have a wild card DNS enabled, you need to contact your hosting company to tell them that you need to have a wild card DNS record added, that's add the DNS A record *.yourdomain.com.

This will add a record like this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Host   Record type  Value
 *.mewsoft.com.  A   123.123.123.123
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note, this issue is not supported totally by Mewsoft, this DNS issue is your hosting company issue, you may find a tool in your website control panel to add this record yourself, or you may have to ask them, they may charge you for this service.

2)-This upgrade also add the modified meta tags feature, now all the View Item/Ad and their pages will have the category specific meta tags instead of the default site wide meta tags.

How to upgrade

Please upgrade these cgi files for each product from the latest zip file.

Auctionawy
Configuration.pm
ParseItem.pm
Main.pm
Auction.pm

Classifiedawy
Configuration.pm
ParseAd.pm
Main.pm
Classifieds.pm

Searchawy
Configuration.pm