New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
Zeus Zeus's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Automation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 07-30-10 04:14 AM next post first post
In today's busy life style with every thing on the go, even my 70 year old aunt who has just learned to email her high school girlfriend some times asks me where she could find the button or link that would set an automatic action so she doesn't have to click the "send and receive" button in her outlook express program and likes to know how it can be set to retrieve emails every 1/2 hour (her choice) [i:05c487521e]Automatically[/i:05c487521e].

I believe in a busy classifieds site when it gets to be a monster of a task sifting through thousands of listings for that one item that would clinch a deal to make a few dollars, quick action and good timing becomes a valuable commodity. A commodity that one will pay for or be encouraged to seek sites offering services that others may not. With all that said I would like to point your attention to a very simple feature called [i:05c487521e]"Auto notify". [/i:05c487521e]Wouldn't it be useful to have an "auto notify" feature in your user account that would quickly inform you of a new listing that matches your criteria ? may be the crown of king of Persia got listed on the site and you have a potential buyer for it? may be if you found out about it sooner than the rest of the world you could quickly buy it and sell it to prince of England for a quick buck... :-).

Simple [i:05c487521e]auto notifies [/i:05c487521e]are around yet a little more sophisticated one could be a profitable tool to have. As I mentioned one can charge for it and there are those who will pay to make sure they get the crown first.
And here are a few options that I could think of that would enhance this feature:

1- The site admin should be able to: activate for a fee, activate for promotional time offer or permanent turn on/off this feature
2- The site user should be able to create as many "auto notifies" as they like to have looking for different items
3- The site user should be able to use a check box to "enable" or "disable", the [i:05c487521e]auto notify[/i:05c487521e] criteria at arbitrary times of his/her choosing
4- a drop down menu for choosing a major category for search criteria
5- a check box for subcategory if one needs
6- an input box for key words separated by comma
7- a drop menu to narrow criteria "including , excluding, exact word/phrase etc....."
8- a check box for ads with photos if one chooses so
9- an input box for the email to be notified or notify the email on file
0- and finally the submit button

This feature may already be developed for the upcoming classifieds release. yet, since I didn't see it in the demo version I thought I'd share.
All of you serious Mew users, don't hesitate to leave a line or two with your ideas in this regard, these inputs will help Mr. Elshashtavi in developing a better product in turn giving us an edge over the competition.

Zeus
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Automation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-04-10 10:22 AM last post previous post
Dear Zeus,

Although this features was until Version 3.0 in the auction and then removed, it is practically not so good for the site owner as it consumes lot of server resources however it will be studied more how to be useful without burning the server resources and avoiding spam and hacking issues as for example someone can register for several accounts and ask to get notified on every ad posted which means with every ad posted it will be emailed to him several times.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print