Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Tuesday, April 23, 2024 10:35 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Bids Where Reserve is not met- Confusing to Bidders
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nosam nosam's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Bids Where Reserve is not met- Confusing to Bidders Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-10-10 08:00 PM next post first post
I have a question on bidders that place bids where the reserve is not being met. It is telling them that they placed a successful bid. It is also sending them an email telling them they are placing a successful bid. Is there a way to to clarify that. So they dont think they have just purchased something when they didnt.\ \ Also I was asked by a lister why the reserve price is not showing up in his listing confirmation. They kind of have a point in the fact that there is no documentation on the Reserve price after it is submitted that would show either my company or a potential buyer if by some reason a glitche happened and the reserve price was not triggering.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Bids Where Reserve is not met- Confusing to Bidders Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-11-10 04:25 PM next post previous post
This is how auctions systems work. Reserve price is HIDDEN and the only way for the buyer to gess the reserve price is to bid until it is met, no exact value will be known anyway. The buyer will not know the reserve price under any conditions.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nosam nosam's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

listing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-11-10 07:54 PM next post previous post
yes i understand that part of it. just saying that for a seller. when he gets his listing confirmation the reserve price does not show up. only record is when they input. i have not found any way to see it. when a seller goes in to edit his post he still doesnt see it. just wondering if there was a way for the confirmation of listing sent to the seller to have it included, so they have a record if there is a glitch sometime down the road. or if seller has a change of heart say the bidding is going good but not reaching the reserve. there is no way for them to go and edit the reserve price (lower or raise) or go in and add a buy it know price once they have listed. or have i missed something and they have that capabilities.\ \ as far as bidders i went in and added some more verbage to try and clarify the emails they were receiving. it was confusing to some thought they had placed a successful winning bid when all they had done was placed a bid that did not meet the reserve.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Bids Where Reserve is not met- Confusing to Bidders Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-11-10 08:01 PM last post previous post
Prices that has fees charge will not be editable like starting price and reserve, the insertion fees is calculated immediately based on these settings. The user anyway has the time to review his submittion in the Preview page. The emails can have any fields you see in the view item page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print