Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 12:29 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Can you add a section for users to "Show Off their site
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
ChillWil ChillWil's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Can you add a section for users to "Show Off their site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-25-08 07:33 PM next post first post
This can help others see some of the changes some people are making to their sites that may be just what another person is looking for and they can ask how those things were done. I have just started to make changes to my site and have relocated the categories to the left and rounded the featured listing bar to name a few. but I plan on making a few more changes and with time willing I can help others.
see my site here: http://www.AuctionAutoParts.com
Anonymous Anonymous's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Can you add a section for users to "Show Off their site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-25-08 07:50 PM next post previous post
edited
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Can you add a section for users to "Show Off their site Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-26-08 04:26 AM next post previous post
Hi ChillWill

Yes, great site smile

I did notice that on some of your pages your top navigation bar is showing up twice.

I have a question:

Is it possible to change the categories main folder gif to different ones for different categories?

Example: Music icon instead of the standard folder for the category Music.

Sincerely,
Kit
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-26-08 04:28 AM next post previous post
From the Auction Help->Category Options:

Use Unique Homepage Category Folders

If you set the option "Use Category Folder" to "YES" then you can choose the Home Page categories folder mode. There are two modes to display the graphic for the main or root categories.

The first mode is to display the same graphic for each category, in this case set this option to "NO". The second mode is to display a unique graphic or image for each main category. If you choose this by setting this option to "YES" then you must put the graphic files in the directory "images" which is located in the auction directory under the html directory on your server.

You must name the graphic files by the categories ID's number and the extension ".gif". For example if the main category "Computers" its ID number is "10" then you must upload a graphic file named "10.gif" to the images directory and so on for all main categories.

The categories ID's can be found from the category manager and then click on "Edit" or by just moving the mouse over the category and watching the status line in the status bar where it says "Cat_ID=10" or else. Also the class <!--Category_Folder--> must be inserted in the "Category Form" where you want the graphic to be displayed.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-26-08 04:35 AM next post previous post
Thank you so very much Ahmed!! big grin

I am off to work on that right now.

You are the best!! big grin big grin

Kit
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-26-08 05:19 AM next post previous post
Hi again.

I went into my control panel it is not set up with the options you have said to change. I do not have the option "Use Unique Homepage Categories Folder" option. frown

I just purchased my auction program in the end of August. Did I miss an upgrade already??

Thanks again Ahmed,
Kit
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-27-08 05:31 PM next post previous post
Category Options

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/na/admin.cgi?action=Category_Options

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 05-27-08 08:06 PM next post previous post
Hi.

I understand where you are telling me the option is to "Use Unique Homepage Category Folders" is. But I do NOT have that option in MY admin Category Options.

I went into my control panel, under "System Setup" there is "Category Options". But when I open that MINE IS DIFFERENT than what the demo is showing.

Do I need to upgrade? And if I do, what exact file do I need to upgrade? How do I get it?

Thanks again Amhed.
Kit
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 05-28-08 01:53 PM next post previous post
Yes just download the latest version from our site "My Account"

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 05-28-08 02:52 PM next post previous post
What exact file do I need to download?

Thanks again,
Kit smile
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 05-28-08 05:08 PM next post previous post
You may need to update all your .cgi and .pm files

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 05-28-08 05:45 PM next post previous post
Thank you Ahmed. Will do that.

Kit
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 05-28-08 11:33 PM next post previous post
frown I tried downloading the cgi & pm files and none of them downloaded. I put in all the correct path file info.

What am I doing wrong??

Kit
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 05-28-08 11:44 PM next post previous post
:x

Okay. I have the most current auction program!

There is NO option to use UNIQUE CATEGORY FOLDER ICONS anywhere!

I have searched everywhere. I HAVE THE AUCTION PROGRAM NOT THE CLASSIFIEDS PROGRAM.

I noticed that your classifieds program demo has different icons.

Would you PLEASE tell me how to change the category icons without giving me a stinkin' hyper link to instructions that do not match my admin control panel!!!!!!!!

:x Kit

P.S. YOUR HELP SECTION DOES HAVE THE "USE UNIQUE HOMEPAGE CATEGORIES FOLDER" OPTION THAT IS NOT IN THE DEMO SITE ADMIN CONTROL PANEL OR IN MY ADMIN CONTROL PANEL.
Member Offline

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 05-29-08 02:16 AM next post previous post
You are right it is in the classifieds only!.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 05-30-08 12:02 PM last post previous post
When will the option "Use Unique Category Folders" be updated for the auction program??

Thanks,
Kit
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print