Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 01:57 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Cant download upgraded version of auctionawy, hoping will fix problem?
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
glennknarr glennknarr's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Cant download upgraded version of auctionawy, hoping will fix problem? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-06-08 06:34 PM next post first post
my hosting company updated the perl module to 5.6.1 as well as some of the other parts of the server without notifying me (SEE HACKED? BELOW) now my config on the server is :\ \ System Information\ Operation System Linux\ Apache Version 1.3.33 (Unix)\ Kernel Version 2.4.30-ts.grl.mh.ht\ Perl Version 5.6.1\ PHP Version 4.3.11\ MySQL Version 4.0.22-standard\ \ I'm hoping the updated version of auctionawy will work with this, but when I download it from my account here I keep getting the version 7 (says so in the code of the problem cgi auction.cgi... reads as follows #!/usr/bin/perl\ #!C:\perl\bin\perl.exe\ =Copyright Infomation\ ==========================================================\ Program Name : Mewsoft Auctionawy\ Program Author : Elsheshtawy, A. A.\ Home Page : http://www.mewsoft.com\ File Version : 7.00\ Copyrights © 2004-2005 MewsoftÆ Corporation. All rights reserved.\ ==========================================================\ \ Is that right?\ \ anyway I've reinstalled three times once even with a fresh database... I continue to be able to use admin.cgi just fine and all of its functions except for continuing to get that 500 error when executing auction.cgi (as mentioned in my earlier post the server company rebuilt the kernel and stopped the server from generating the 4mb core.##### files i mentioned before, but I still have no luck with the actual auction script.\ \ Once again this was working fine (for over a month) till they 'updated' the server that night, now this is the only cgi on there that refuses to run.\ \ thanks in advance for your help.\ \ Glenn\ \ PS My domain is www.nifocus.com\ the script lives at www.nifocus.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi\ uploaded in ascii all permissions set to 755
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Cant download upgraded version of auctionawy, hoping will fix problem? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-06-08 06:56 PM next post previous post
As I recommended before since this company's server has problems and their servers can be hacked to switch to another hosting company. As for the zipped file you downloaded from our site, do not look at the file version, the current program version can be seen from admin->About only.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Cant download upgraded version of auctionawy, hoping will fix problem? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-07-08 08:43 PM next post previous post
Your Configuration hasn't been completed.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-08-08 09:10 AM next post previous post
that was just one of my 50 installs (on three different servers) over the past 6 days now...\ \ I configured it now... it still dont work... the debug keeps mentioning \ [Mon May 2 22:25:45 2005] auction.cgi: Use of uninitialized value in split at auction.cgi line 77.\ [Mon May 2 22:25:45 2005] Main.pm: "my" variable @Forms masks earlier declaration in same scope at Main.pm line 725.\ [Mon May 2 22:25:45 2005] SSIlib.pm: Unquoted string "cwd" may clash with future reserved word at SSIlib.pm line 43.\ Segmentation fault (core dumped)\ \ the only server i could get it to run on is one running an older version of perl and the kernel...\ \ Operating System and Perl Version\ Perl Version:\ 5.008\ Server Operating System:\ linux: Linux web28 2.4.20-19.9 #1 Tue Jul 15 17:18:13 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux \ \ SERVER_SOFTWARE:\ Apache/2.0.50 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_09 Perl/v5.8.0 PHP/4.3.6\ \ this build is old in comparision to what is running on my other server... and before you ask i cant run the script on the other server, the ISP is short three of the modules I need and they don't add on request...\ \ pretty much i'm screwed...
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-08-08 05:30 PM next post previous post
I don't think you are screwed.\ \ To me it sounds like the problem is in the hosting.\ \ I understand that you are having problems and keep getting errors back, but keep in mind that hundreds of people are running this software on servers without problems.\ \ After what I read in your Hacked post, I would definately change hosts.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-08-08 07:47 PM next post previous post
Wasn't hacked, ISP updated the kernel... auctionaway just don't work with the new version of the kernel... I never saw a core dump before so I thought it was somebody hacking at the cgi itself.\ \ LOL here's something funny... I get a new ISP, upload and install, configure everything on the new server... and guess what... a whole new set of errors LOL.\ \ The only server I can get it to run on is on my main ISP at newsitem.com... problem is they dont have GD Archive::Zip or Crypt::SSLeay installed so it sits there and looks pretty but as soon as you go to bid or log in you get the zip error...\ \ Poop!\ \ ;-)\ \ you guys have any places you know work where i can get hosting turned on quickly with a static IP (so I dont need to wait for DNS to populate)???\ \ I'll pay you guys to set it up and host it for me for the next few weeks! how much?\ \ you can see it it in its slowness @ www.newsitem.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi to get an idea of what we're doing with it...\ \ Glenn
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 11-08-08 08:45 PM next post previous post
I know it wasn't hacked, I was saying that the host doesn't appear do things correctly.\ \ What errors did you get on the new ISP?\ \ The link above gave a SQL error.\ \ I use Mediacatch for hosting, others here use Onsmart.\ \ Mewsoft will install the software for you. The info is on their Order page.\ \ Good luck with it!
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 11-08-08 08:51 PM next post previous post
I had a feeling you were going to hit it exactily when I was moving the SQL databases ;-) (it's available now)\ \ Ill check out those companies, thanks...\ \ (unless you know a way around that zip error ;-) lol
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 11-08-08 10:51 PM next post previous post

glennknarr,

Since you are swiching hostings check our hosting partner on our site as they have the GD perl module installed. Most hosting companies that you can say active hosting companies and realy in business you will find them installing all these modules by default as most scripts and programs now uses the MySQL databases and GD modules, the problem with old style companies that uses low resources servers and place thousands of sites on each server, those I think do not care if a customer left them for requesting for support or requesting installation of any modules or lib. They depend on their low fees which attracts normally regular customers who just needs a personal website with few html pages but not realy for business web sites. Normally begainers will face this because when they search for hosting they just get attracted by their low fees. A very poupular site for those bad examples that I remember is valueweb.com, IpowerWeb.com, cihost.com, and tons of other sites but the previous ones are the most popular ones.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 11-08-08 11:43 PM last post previous post
I agree. It took me 3 days, numerous phonecalls just to get two Perl Modules installed when I was on Ipowerweb. When I left, I talked to a quality control person on the phone and he didn't care. It took me 4 months and 2 calls to get my rebate back.\ \ My current host Mediacatch installed one Perl module while I chatted the tech in a "live-person" type box in 2 minutes.\ \ I still have a domain on Ipowerweb that will end soon. \ \ It's horribly slow.\ \ Bad, Bad, Bad service.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print