New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
tigerbytail tigerbytail's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Changing Hosts Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 09-21-12 03:18 PM next post first post
Hello again Mewsoft! This may sound dumb but here it goes. I am switching to HostGator! Better deal all the way around. I am about to have them do the switch, but I think I messed up. I updated my DNS addresses with my Domain Registrer. Now I can not pull up my site......BUT the real question I have, in order for Hostgator to do the transfer, I must answer a series of questions. The ONE I am having problems with is "WHAT CONTROL PANEL WAS BEING USED???" Can you help me with this? (Probably E-Z 4 U!) Thanks; Tim.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Changing Hosts Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 09-21-12 10:50 PM next post previous post

Hello Tim,

You should not change the nameserver in your registrar before Hostgator create your account ad tell you what's your nameservers. Assuming you did that and your domain is now located at Hostgator, you need to transfer of course your mysql database, your templates, languages, configuration, images, etc from the old server to the new one. If you need this we can do it for you for 2 hours custom work $100.

Remmber also changing the nameservers takes upto 72 hours to propagate in the world during this time you will not be able to access your website. You can access it by the IP if you have static ip or by the temporary url if you know it.

Thank you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 09-22-12 12:45 PM next post previous post
Thank you Ahmed for your reply! I can change the name servers back if I need to, but Hostgator said they would switch the server for me and they need to know "What control panel was being used." I do not quite know what they mean by "control Panel" also, would them switching it for me also include the transfering the SQL Database, Templates & Languages??
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 09-22-12 06:16 PM next post previous post
They need your old website control panel URL and login. Because if it is cpanel, they can backup your entire website and upload it to your new host. The same if your site controlpanel is new plesk ithas this feature and in tis case you do not need me to transfer the site for you. Just send them your old website control panel url and login. Normally its your domain.com/cpanel, these info sent to you from your old hosting whe you signed up with them

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-11-12 11:43 AM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft;\ \ HostGator so far has been pretty helpful! Even though I am yet to be up & running again, they are there to help. I am trying to get a solution for them to be able to complete the transfer process of my Auction site!\ HostGator needs to know ---WHERE to MODIFY my SQL USER NAME & DATABASE NAME in the script??--- \ Thank you for your help!!
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-11-12 12:00 PM next post previous post
Your cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi then click on Configuration

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-18-12 04:20 AM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft.\ Still trying to get up & running as I am switching to HostGator. I found out & installed a ftp in order to transfer my sql database (auctions.sql) & my auctions.csv files as per HostGators request.\ THE QUESTION i HAVE; By restoring these files, will that fix the problem I have trying to log on to the site as a user? When I attempt to log on OR go to admin etc. I get the following error.\ \ \ Server Error \ The following required Perl modules are not installed on this server:\ \ \ Archive::Zip\ \ \ Please contact your server administrator or hosting company to install these modules.\ \ Perl modules can be downloaded from www.cpan.org or installed using the programs ppm or cpan that comes with perl in the same bin directory. To install perl module, run the program ppm or cpan or perl -MCPAN -e shell, then type install module_name. Root access required for this action.
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 10-18-12 04:29 AM next post previous post
The error self explained, ask them to install this Perl module.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

raul-717 raul-717's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

language identification problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 8 Posted on: 09-18-16 04:24 AM last post previous post
hello , I need to know why the users of my site can't post ads in their native language?
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print