Search for:
Focusman01 Focusman01's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Check Program Files Permissions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-24-10 12:26 PM next post first post
Hello,

Within admin Cp by clicking on Setup Wizard, then click on View Program Files Permissions, all that is viewable is the headers File, Read, Write, and Execute, nothing else.

According to the admin manual
View Program Files Permissions:
This tools will display all the program directories and files with their permissions, Read, Write, or Execute. This will help you spot any non correct files or directories permissions.

:shock: If all permissions are correct should this page be blank, except headers?

or

Is something not working right within this page? If so what will correct this problem?

Also no error messages are showing.

Thanks.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Check Program Files Permissions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-24-10 01:20 PM next post previous post
set your cgi directory and html directory in your admin->configuration, see the demo:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/dir/Wizard.cgi?action=Check_Program_Files_Permissions

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-24-10 03:39 PM next post previous post

set your cgi directory and html directory in your admin->configuration, see the demo:

http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/dir/Wizard.cgi?action=Check_Program_Files_Permissions

They are set CGI Directory: /cgi-bin/dir, CGI Directory URL: /cgi-bin/dir,
HTML Directory: c:/apache/htdocs/dirs, HTML Directory URL: /dirs

But yet, when you click on Setup Wizard, then hyperlink, View Program Files Permissions, Just the headers File, Read, Write, and Execute shows up. It was fine a couple of days ago, I did not change anything on the config page.

Also when clicking on Check Program Directories hyperlink, it tells me Congratulations, All tests passed.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-24-10 07:24 PM next post previous post
NO, wrong, these are the default settings, click on the link "Tip" on that page and it will show your cgi absolut path, you need to put your server full path's from the root like:

/usr/www/domain.com/public_html/cgi-bin

if you do not what it is postthe url to testserver.cgi on your site here and we will help you

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-24-10 10:56 PM next post previous post

NO, wrong, these are the default settings, click on the link "Tip" on that page and it will show your cgi absolut path, you need to put your server full path's from the root like:

/usr/www/domain.com/public_html/cgi-bin

if you do not what it is postthe url to testserver.cgi on your site here and we will help you

It is working now, thanks, but this is what did:

I replace HTML Directory: c:/apache/htdocs/dirs. with /hsphere/local/home/www-----/-------.com as on the tip tool. This c: folder continues to create and protect itself. this was the second time I had to go in on the server and chmod 777 before it would let me delete it. It locates itself in cgi-bin/dir/c: with sub-folders. Hopefully it will not recreate itself since taking out HTML Directory: c:/apache/htdocs/dirs. I hope this was the correct thing to do?

Now the mewsoft images disappeared within the admin Cp. Before when right clicking on image than on properties the url was http://www.------.com/images/dirs/netrbg.jpg. since removing c: folder, when right clicking on mewsoft broken image, its telling me it is trying to call image from my regular images html folder now, once I place netrbg.jpg inside regular images html folder it worked. I hope this was the correct thing to do?

Thank you

Give me about two more weeks of questions, and I'll know this system inside out. big grin its amazing
Registered Member
Member Offline

Check Program Files Permissions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-24-10 11:30 PM next post previous post
Now that I'm able to view file permissions and comparing to http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/dir/Wizard.cgi?action=Check_Program_Files_Permissions

The difference is under the headers Read, Write. and Execute. Under Execute you have yes under selective files. On my site it has yes for each and every Read, Write. and Execute file.
I chmod 755 all Folders and files according to the install instructions. :shock:

Would you happen to have a list of proper permissions for each and every folder and file? Plus proper permissions when new ones are created?

Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 06-25-10 12:23 AM next post previous post
on 99 of unix servers the 755 on the auction directory and all its subs and files would be enough, some servers setup requiers the files under the data directory to be 777 and this not a good server setup.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 06-25-10 02:12 PM next post previous post

on 99 of unix servers the 755 on the auction directory and all its subs and files would be enough, some servers setup requiers the files under the data directory to be 777 and this not a good server setup.

Thanks for the info, I deleted and started from scrath, but use the auto-installer, much simplier rolling But still under view permissions,
the difference is under the headers Read, Write. and Execute. Under Execute header you have yes under selective files. On my site it has yes for each and every Read, Write. and Execute file using the auto-installer.

Will this cause a breach in security?

Can you please tell me which files need not to be 755 and what they should be?

Thanks
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 06-26-10 01:27 PM last post previous post
cgi-bin/auction directory and sub directories and files set to 755 and should be OK.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print