Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, March 29, 2024 07:20 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Searchawy > Clarification of Instructions Please
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
cinder cinder's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Clarification of Instructions Please Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-10-11 09:51 AM next post first post

I have read through just about everything on this board and the help files. I'm still stuck on add a new template to a category and then assigning a zone to it.

I have a top level category: Benton

I create a new customized file called Benton.html and press enter.

I then copy Listing.html and paste it into the new template Benton.html.page.shtml (that's what it turned into)

I go to the Language Manager and open Benton.html. What am I supposed to edit in there? This is really confusing and maybe I'm just not getting it. In your instructions to another member on this board you said this:

"then just create an empty template in the template directory and copy to it the template Listing.html then enter this new template name in the Edit category in the Category manager, then you can custyomize your new category specific template as you like."   

So i just go into the category manager, click on "Benton" and change the name to "Benton.html.page.shtml"  ??  

Thanks for helping to clear this up - I've had this script for close to a year and I've never been able to figure out how to accomplish this.  Very frustrating.

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Clarification of Instructions Please Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-10-11 10:04 PM last post previous post
Zones are available only for templates when browsing the categories, that's why they are called category specific. In   general you do not need to rename any files you create as custom templates. custom templates you should call directly and they can have only the general classes like the top and bottom nav and banner classes.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print