Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 06:59 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > configuring emails
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nosam nosam's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

configuring emails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-07-10 07:13 PM next post first post
ok I know this is an easy answer. tried and got to ask it. on configuring emails. I know i change the mewsoft.com to mydomain.com. i have tried several different ways to do this and then i go check say legal support and i still get yahoo. what i am i doing wrong??? I have gone to languages and didnt find answer. so I got to ask. Help is mucho appreciated.
scorpion scorpion's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

configuring emails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-07-10 08:02 PM next post previous post
What is your domain name ?\ \ Have you changed the email address in the Configuration from legal support@mewsoft.com to your email address ?\ \ Andrew\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
nosam's Wrote:
 ok I know this is an easy answer. tried and got to ask it. on configuring emails. I know i change the mewsoft.com to mydomain.com. i have tried several different ways to do this and then i go check say legal support and i still get yahoo. what i am i doing wrong??? I have gone to languages and didnt find answer. so I got to ask. Help is mucho appreciated.
\
Registered Member
Member Offline

f Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-07-10 08:12 PM next post previous post
i did but then i changed it back when it didnt work.\ \ \ Ok. Ex.\ \ Webmaster \ \ how do I change to say Webmaster I have done it manually it just didnt work on the site. \ \ I have setup my email addresses in the server. Just want to change all of the others to webmaster. so that it is the catch all. i know this is an easy one....just one of the easy hangups right know. i have been proceeding with extreme caution to ensure that i dont mess up too bad....kind of like riding a new bike. ha ha
scorpion scorpion's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Email Address Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-07-10 09:11 PM next post previous post
Lets see if we can get one email address working\ \ 1 Click on configuration\ 2 Change the Legal Support email address to webmaster@yourdomain.com\ \ \ \ Go to your auction site and click on Terms of Use at the bottom of the home page\ \ You will see an email Legal Support click on this and it should open your email and have the address webmaster@yourdomain.com. \ \ Send yourself an email and see if it works
Registered Member
Member Offline

f Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 10-08-10 06:21 PM next post previous post
changed tried it and it didnt work....thanks for the help.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: configuring emails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 10-08-10 06:54 PM next post previous post
First , try to check your email address normal either by using mail client like outlook/express or using your webmail online to make sure it is working and test it by sending and receing some emails. The next check is to go to your admin ->Configuration, make sure the email system option is set to "ON", select the mail server type to say "sendmail", set the sendmail path, normally the default works but you can double check it using the testserver inyour setup wizard.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

thanks Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 10-08-10 07:23 PM last post previous post
thanks folks. i am beginning to think that i did too many drugs in college...lol catching up with me. I went on just touring site and checked and it worked fine. Didnt do anything different. Thanks for the help.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print