Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 06:11 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Contact Page stop sending mails
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
nibb nibb's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Contact Page stop sending mails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-14-09 01:10 AM next post first post
\
I wanted to change something on the contact form so i edited the Contactus.html template. When i tested it i received 0 mails, the form does say the mail was send. I supposed it was something i changed so i just uploaded the original again. For my surprise now the original is also not sending mails even when it says it did.\ Here is how the template looks now:\ Auction software for online auctions \ \ \ \ \
\
\

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\

[[contact_us_page_title]]

\
[[contact_us_page_help]]
[[contact_us_form_help]]

[[full_name_label]]

[[email_address_label]]

[[phone_number_label]]

[[subject_label]]
[[comments_label]]
[[contact_label]]\ \
[[remote_address_label]]
\ [[submit_button]]  [[clear_form_button]]\
\
\
\ \
\ \ \
\ \
\ \ But i dont receive the mails anymore. Can somebody tell me why if this template is the same as the original?
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Contact Page stop sending mails Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-15-09 12:05 AM next post previous post
I discovered now that that the script itself is not sending mails. Not on registration, not on lost password and send auction via mail as far i tested. PLEASE, my site is practically dead without sending mails, its not even sending new data to new users not to mention nobody can contact me. I check everything on my server is ok, i did not changed anything, the sendmail path remains the same, another form on another site is still working so its the script. Where can i check errors or where is it sending the mails?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-15-09 04:39 AM next post previous post
Check you mail setting in your admin -> configuration, if it is ok, then contact your hosting copany for your mail server problems.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 08-16-09 01:51 PM next post previous post
No, its not a server issue. I uploaded a form and it uses sendmail works perfect. Also my provider did tests. I also have other sites wich are onthe same server and they work. Its the script wich is not sending mails. What are the files wich procces the sendmail commands to replace them or where can i check any error logs inside the script or the steps it takes to send the mails since it gives ok post messages but mails are not coming in.
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 08-16-09 02:52 PM next post previous post
It works now again. Weard. I deleted my mail account and created the same one again.\ But the Subject field comes blank in mails.\ So far my errors on script without these new one are:\ \ On my page bids appear 0.\ Currency converter doesnt work.\ The function to put a little icon besides a user never worked.\ The HTML editor doesnt chooses colors.\ \ \ I uploaded the new files for every one of these functions. for example like you said on the currency just replace the file with the latest. Ot the html editor. That doesnt fix things. As for the bid on the main page displaying 0 i dont now wich file to overwrite except the main homepage template.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-16-09 09:01 PM next post previous post
For email issue, it iseems this is the well known spam, mail servers sometimes when receives infected emails, it does deletes it but some how it leavs its info so when outlook or most mail clints try to read the mail from the server it can not and show an error, This seems clear issue with servers that have qmail and plesk, the solution is to use your site control panel or webmail url to check your email and delete the messages that have no subject or messages that have invalid date or any message that hangs Outlook etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-16-09 09:34 PM last post previous post
True, especially if you are a member of some Yahoo Groups.\ \ Some "members" send emails with certain "subjects" and they "lock" the email account up.\ \ May not be your problem Nibb, but only a suggestion.\ \ As far as the other problems, I would replace al of the .pm and .cgi files first (remembering any changes you made, if any).\ \ If that doesn't fix it, then I would compare classes (between the original and the ones on the server), then check all of the templates and languages for changes.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print  

Forums  Advertise  Contact Us  About Us  RSS Syndication