New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
jeff jeff's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Couple questions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-28-12 06:56 PM next post first post
Hey there I just got your software(Classifiedawy), have acouple questions on about it..\ When I do the set up wizard and then the "Server Configuration",\ It says that I don't have "Finance::Quote" or "Finance::QuoteHist" installed under the "Required perl modules".. What should I do about this?\ \ And about the "DoDirectPayment" for Paypal?, Is that that merchant pro? Cause I looked all over pp and couldn't find that(DoDirectPayment).
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Couple questions Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-28-12 09:04 PM next post previous post

For perl modules, just contact your hosting company and ask them toinstall any missing Modules.

For paypal DoDirectPayment, it is :

https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic_pro_home.html

Website Payments Pro

Website Payments Pro

rintit()">Print this Page

Website Payments Pro is an API-based solution composed of two primary payment capabilities: credit card processing with Direct Payment and PayPal payment processing with Express Checkout. Direct Payment processes credit card transactions with a single API call, while Express Checkout uses three API calls and a checkout flow that is optimized for customers who wish to pay with PayPal. Express Checkout offers a "wallet" capability where your customer uses the billing information stored in their PayPal account and does not have to enter payment details or shipping information on your site.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-29-12 04:51 PM next post previous post
Thanks..\ \ So with that set up..Say if a user has a cc on file, will it just automtically use that one when they go to pay?\ \ Thanks for you help
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-29-12 08:41 PM next post previous post
Yes exactly, it is like the Merchant account process. The user will just use his credit card on his file and the payment will be processed imediately in real time, not even like the Paypal IPN which some times delays for few minutes to send the complete notification. You consider this a full merchant account.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-30-12 01:50 PM next post previous post
Alright found acouple more things\ \ When I to the check permissions task on the set up wizard some of the thing are in red, is this normal?..\ \ Also the amounts show up differnt like if I enter 25.00 it shows fine on the listing but if you click to view the categories it says like 25.00000 or something like that..
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-30-12 02:29 PM next post previous post
The Red one's mean directory not file.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 05-30-12 03:29 PM next post previous post
Oh ok... I was wondering cause I noticed that your demo have more then mine that have checks in the execute side... Cause I'm haveing troubles with the paypal, I didn't get it set up to do the direct thing yet, but I got it to where it accepts CC's, but I've made 3 different payments, trying different Auth_Mode's, and can't get it to show up in the account of the test user I set up, doesn't show in admin are either... Any ideas?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 05-30-12 06:34 PM next post previous post
Does the IPN way of using paypal actually work?.. Cause I've tried all kinds of stuff trying to get the email way to work till I get the pro set up... So if IPN actually works, What is the URL that I need to enter for "Notification URL"?,meaning the URL paypal ask you for when activating IPN for backend communications.... \ \ \ THANKS FOR ALL YOU HELP..[smile] I WANNA GET THIS TO WORK...
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 05-31-12 05:07 AM next post previous post

You should not use the email system, this will be removed from the products. The IPN system is more better and automated. You do not need to set anything  in your Paypal account. The notify url is set automatically with the program each time. You may need only to change the permissions to executable 755 for the paypal*.cgi files and sometimes you may need to edit these scripts first line to point to perl on your server if it os not like the default /usr/bin/perl.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 05-31-12 08:44 AM next post previous post
Oh that sounds better, I'll give it a try..\ \ Also I tried to use the promo codes on a test user and it didn't post to the account... I'm wondering if I have all the file permissions set right..Is there a list of what they should be set to?... If not could I just use the demo as a reference to what mine need to be set to?... \ \ Thanks
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 05-31-12 08:58 PM next post previous post

Do you have problem saving your admin->General Options.?

You edit your promo code in the admin->General Option ->Promotional Codes:

If you are saying you get errors when saving your general options, then your strange server needs to set permissions maybe to 755 on the file data/PromotionalCodes.txt

Thanks.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 06-02-12 03:31 PM next post previous post
I looked through the forums on ssl but couldn't find what i needed... I just got my SSL and It doesn't have the "www" on the certificate..So if I use https://www.etc then it pops up with that annoying message asking if they wanna trust cause the name is different, etc..If I take out the "www" then it doesn't pop up... Should this be fine with your software like that or should I have the ssl changed so it has the "www" before the domain name?\ \ Thanks for all your help in setting this up..
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 06-02-12 10:28 PM last post previous post
This has nothing to do with our software or any other software. Check with your cert. provider.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print