Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 12:15 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Creating Banner Ads in Classifiedawy
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
danhamon danhamon's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website mawebcenters.com/familytrader Send private message

Creating Banner Ads in Classifiedawy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-21-12 11:15 AM next post first post
Created 1 Banner replacing the Mewsoft Banner, Successfuly, after that have had no success placing small banners in other zones?? Does that make sense to you? The only thing I have changed is the size and zone.\ \ Thanks, Dan\ \ Campaign Name: \ Campaign Type: \ Number of clicks Clicks allowed\ Number of impressions Impressions allowed\ Number of days \ Start Date: //(mm/dd/yyyy)\ End Date: //(mm/dd/yyyy)\ Size: Width: Height:\ Target: \ Redirect URL: \ Under Text: \ Alt Text: \ Banner URL:
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Creating Banner Ads in Classifiedawy Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-21-12 11:59 AM next post previous post

The banner docs is here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/classified/Banner_Manager.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website mawebcenters.com/familytrader Send private message

No Luck with Banners Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-21-12 03:18 PM next post previous post
I read the instructions again, set banner zone configeration,\ made sure all settings were like your examples.\ \ I tried it exactly like your example has, I never get another banner to come up. Is there anything else you can tell me about how this works? I should be able to just enter the information like I did to replace the top banner correct? \ \ I had changed width and height to an aproximate number, then changed it back to standard numbes 486 x 60 i think.\ \ At a loss.\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
 \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

The banner docs is here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/classified/Banner_Manager.html

\
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-22-12 10:59 AM next post previous post

You may need to add the campaign to the zone, in the campaign, click on Config then select the Zones that campaign should rotate.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Zone lay outs and banner problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-22-12 02:26 PM next post previous post
Ahmed, I have tried setting to all the different zones, many times. how do i find out where the zones are which pages? The only zone that works is when I use the same one as you use for the mewsoft ad, when i copy that exactly I get an ad that rotates in that one top spot. I have both top zones highlighted just like you do, but have no idea where the other zone is since it comes on every page.\ \ Thanks, Dan\ \ \ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

You may need to add the campaign to the zone, in the campaign, click on Config then select the Zones that campaign should rotate.

\
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-23-12 03:03 AM next post previous post
You  just need to use the zones you selected in your templates instead of using the same default banner zone, so you can use the class < ! --CLASS::Banner:WhatEverClasseYouSetInCampaignConfig-- >

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

need more info on placing ads Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 06-23-12 06:35 AM next post previous post
Thank you for your patience, \ \ 1. I created an advertising banner "120x90" and a new ad, I config'd the zone to left_120 I thought perhaps if I made a banner exactly that size it may work. I am assuming, that left_120 means that the banner placed there should show up on the left side below catagories, is that correct? I was able to create the campaign ok and I activate it and zone it, but nothing happens, the small banner does not show on any page, it should show on all pages right?\ \ 2.\ when you say, "You just need to use the zones you selected in your templates" are you saying that there is someplace besides EDIT BANNER CAMPAIGN where I need to enter information in a template corresponding with the zone configuration?\ \ Thanks Ahmed, I am excited to get past this and get up and running.\ \ \ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
You just need to use the zones you selected in your templates instead of using the same default banner zone, so you can use the class < ! --CLASS::Banner:WhatEverClasseYouSetInCampaignConfig-- >
\
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 06-23-12 12:14 PM next post previous post

If you configured it to rotate in the left_120 , then all you need is to insert that zone class in the template like this:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
&lt;!--CLASS::Banner:left_120 --&gt;

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

MORE QUESTIONS Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 8 Posted on: 06-23-12 01:21 PM next post previous post
I am trying to understand.\ \ I know how to put a banner, using edit banner on the top row, \ \ 1)is edit banner(which I have included by attachment) the template you are speaking of?\ \ 2)I don't know where the zones put the banner, are they for differnt spots all over the page or just different rotations on the top right hand corner? \ \ 3)What I thought was, that you could place an ad in different spots around the page, right, left, top, bottom, is this incorrect? And which template am I suppose to insert the code you gave me in?\ \ Thanks Dan\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

If you configured it to rotate in the left_120 , then all you need is to insert that zone class in the template like this:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All

\
Registered Member
Member Offline

Question on this documentation? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 9 Posted on: 06-25-12 03:00 AM next post previous post
Zones\ \ Zones are reserved locations that you assign on your websites pages to run banners. For each zone you can assign unlimited campaigns or banners to rotate. You should consider all banner that will run in specific zone to have the same size, height and width in pixels to consist with your sites pages original design so not to stretch or compress the pages looks when the banner size changes from small to big or from big to small. You can create unlimited zones.\ \ Questions? -how do you know where a zone would coorelate on a page?\ \ -If the banner editor does not automatically post an add in various zones (again I don't know how to tell where on a page a zone is) do I have to go to the Class Editor and create a new template?\ \ Thanks
Registered Member
Member Offline

Where can I go to learn about these unaswered questions on zones? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 10 Posted on: 06-27-12 03:24 PM last post previous post
Hi, Is there something I can study or read or go to learn about how zones are incorporated into the page,
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print