New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
elena elena's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Custom fields problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-04-14 07:49 PM next post first post
Hi, I inserted customs fields 'text box' in my listing, but they desplays words 'Text area input' inside the boxes on my sell page.\ How do I fix that?\ \ tnx
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Custom fields problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-04-14 11:16 PM next post previous post
You edit that text/delete it in the custom field manager, click on Edit for that field then delete that text, this is the default text for the field that exists in the default custom field that you copied.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-05-14 05:24 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
š\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
šYou edit that text/delete it in the custom field manager, click on Edit for \ that field then delete that text, this is the default text for the field that exists in the default custom field that you copied.
\
\ This fixed it. Thanks.\ However, I have new problem now.\ I inserted custome fields in my listing. They show on 'sell', 'preview' and 'view' pages, but not on the 'edit' page, even though I inserted the fields in the 'edit' page template as well. What do I do?\ \ \ tnx
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-05-14 07:23 PM next post previous post

You can restore the default EditAd.html template, it has the default custom fields:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p>&lt;!--Ad1--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad2--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad3--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad4--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad5--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad6--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad7--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad8--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad9--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad10--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad11--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad12--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad13--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad14--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad15--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad16--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad17--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad18--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad19--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ad20--&gt;</p><p>&lt;!--Ads1--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads2--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads3--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads4--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads5--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads6--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads7--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads8--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads9--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads10--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads11--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads12--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads13--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads14--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads15--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads16--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads17--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads18--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads19--&gt;<br />&lt;!--Ads20--&gt;<br />

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-07-14 01:34 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
š\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
š

You can restore the default EditAd.html template, it has the default custom fields:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p><!--Ad1--><br /><!--Ad2--><br /><!--Ad3--><br /><!--Ad4--><br /><!--Ad5--><br /><!--Ad6--><br /><!--Ad7--><br /><!--Ad8--><br /><!--Ad9--><br /><!--Ad10--><br /><!--Ad11--><br /><!--Ad12--><br /><!--Ad13--><br /><!--Ad14--><br /><!--Ad15--><br /><!--Ad16--><br /><!--Ad17--><br /><!--Ad18--><br /><!--Ad19--><br /><!--Ad20--></p><p><!--Ads1--><br /><!--Ads2--><br /><!--Ads3--><br /><!--Ads4--><br /><!--Ads5--><br /><!--Ads6--><br /><!--Ads7--><br /><!--Ads8--><br /><!--Ads9--><br /><!--Ads10--><br /><!--Ads11--><br /><!--Ads12--><br /><!--Ads13--><br /><!--Ads14--><br /><!--Ads15--><br /><!--Ads16--><br /><!--Ads17--><br /><!--Ads18--><br /><!--Ads19--><br /><!--Ads20--><br />

\
\ I am sorry, but where do I go to restore it?
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-07-14 07:03 PM next post previous post
You are asking too many very basic questions, restore the template.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 01-08-14 08:21 AM next post previous post
I did not modify the original template to restore it. The template is in the original form as you installed it. There were no custom fields in it to begin with. So, I don't know how and where to go to restore it. Thank you.
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 01-08-14 09:15 PM next post previous post

Nothing changes by itself, you either has wrong settings in the custom field manager, messed up the language files related or the template related, so go to these three places.

Topic closed

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 01-09-14 02:16 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
š\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
š

Nothing changes by itself, you either has wrong settings in the custom field manager, messed up the language files related or the template related, so go to these three places.

Topic closed

\
\ I am sorry. First of all I see that this problem posted in the Classifiedway forum. I am dealing with the problem in Auctionway if that makes any difference.\ I did not change anything in my auctions' 'edit item' template. The code was not there on the first place.\ The reason why I know this is becuse I edited the 'List ad' and the 'view ad' first, and the customs fields codes were in those templates. When I went to 'Edit Ad' template, I was looking for that code in there and I was surprised not to find it. Then I inserted Ad1,Ad2,Ad5,Ad8, Ad9 code in the template.\ The customs fields still did not show on 'Edit' page, so I contacted you. \ I did not touch any language files. As far as the customs fields form, the 'Edit Item' code field does not exist in there. There are only windows for 'List item' 'view item' and 'search'.\ All of the custom fields that I inserted in the listing are set to be active, muli-select, required, and searchable.\ \ I just now tried inserting the code that you gave me \

< !--Ad1-- >
< !--Ad2-- >
< !--Ad3-- >...... and so on into my 'Edit Item' template, and it comes up on the page as a huge blank spot at the top of page,even though I inserted it in the middle of template.\ \ So, what do I do?\ \ tnx

Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 01-09-14 09:12 PM last post previous post

Now you cleared it and back to your mind, the custom fields not available on the edit auctions forms, I'll issue an update for this feature soon, watch the anouncements forum.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print