Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 01:38 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > custom registration form field
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bazungu bazungu's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

custom registration form field Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-26-13 09:29 PM next post first post
Hi, 1) Please may you quote me to add a field to the registration form which is searchable: It will be a drop down menu requiring the register to select how they found the site. eg. google or advertisement etc. I neesd to be able to update the dropdown list as new advertising mediums are used. I need to be abble to print out a list of registered users within certain dates to see what methods they used to find my site. 2) Can you also quote me seperately to do the following: I want all new auctions that are listed to be automatically enetered as a meta tag for search engines to pick up. Eg. the description, Title, category etc to be submitted for search engines to pick up autmoticall as each new item is listed. Thank you Trevor
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: custom registration form field Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-27-13 11:38 AM next post previous post

You can insert the custom user registration fields in the template as you like and it will be saved

to the database, but you have to use your own scripts or code or tools to connect to the database

and make your stats the way you want.For the meta tags, now all search engines crawl  sites in less than

24 hours and will index any changes to the pages dynamic or static, the dark age of meta tags gone, search

engines now smart and index everything in the pages even useless info, so do not worry about indexing

in search engine, just let them know your site and leave the rest for them.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bazungu bazungu's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

custom fields for registration form Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-27-13 08:45 PM next post previous post
Thank you for your reply regarding the meta tags. With the Custom fields on the member registration form, how to I change the name of the user field. I know how to do it in the custom fields for the categories but I can't work out how to do ones for the registration for. I know how to turn it on but not how to change the name eg. from 'user field 1' to how did you hear about us. Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: custom registration form field Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-28-13 12:21 AM last post previous post

In the language manager, edit the language file Register you will find the text and the forms for these

fields User1_Form etc.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print