Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 08:13 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > custom work request for auctions meta tags
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bhlaserjet bhlaserjet's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

custom work request for auctions meta tags Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-25-09 09:44 AM next post first post
custom work request for auctions meta tags\ \ I would like you to write code that will automatically write the meta tags and place them at the top of each auction page when posted. For example:\ \ The meta tag for Auction:\ HP R817 5.1 MP Digital Camera, Leather Case & 512 MP Memory Card\ \ Would be:\ \ Title:\ HP R817 5.1 MP Digital Camera, Leather Case & 512 MP Memory Card\ \ Description:\ HP R817 5.1 MP Digital Camera, Leather Case & 512 MP Memory Card\ \ Keywords:\ HP R817 5.1 MP Digital Camera, Leather Case & 512 MP Memory Card\ \ Html Code for meta tag:\ \ \ HP R817 5.1 MP Digital Camera, Leather Case & 512 MP Memory Card \ \ \ \ \ I have found a way to force search engines to index my auction pages but so for only getting the default meta tag. As you can see the advantage of having custom mata tags become quit apparent..\ \ Each tag would be generated form the actual auction title line.\ \ Most all search engines, will use all or part of the above meta tag, as well as page content to index the page. This would greatly im prove page ranking and site hits.\ \ \ So for I have managed to index\ 1,010 pages on Yahoo\ AltaVista found 966 results\ 202 On mSN\ And many many others\ \ But most have the same default meta tag and will not rank higher properly.\ \ If you can help please give me estimated cost and procedures on how we may proceed.\ \ Awaiting your reply\ Thanks\ BOB
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: custom work request for auctions meta tags Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-25-09 04:30 PM next post previous post

Create a class and call it "HeaderItem", then copy all the contents of the class "Header" to it.

Now edit the class HeaderItem,  remove this code:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p>&lt;title&gt;&lt;!--CLASS::Meta_Title--&gt;&lt;/title&gt;<br />&lt;meta name=&quot;Keywords&quot; content=&quot;&lt;!--CLASS::Meta_Keywords--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br />&lt;meta name=&quot;Description&quot; content=&quot;&lt;!--CLASS::Meta_Description--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br />

and insert your new meta tages and include any classes from the view item template:

</p><p>&lt;title&gt;&lt;!--Title--&gt;&lt;/title&gt;<br />&lt;meta name=&quot;Keywords&quot; content=&quot;&lt;!--Title--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br />&lt;meta name=&quot;Description&quot; content=&quot;&lt;!--Title--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br />

Of course you can add any text to these before or after the < !--Title-- >.

Now Edit the template ViewItem.html and replace the header class with the new header class HeaderItem

</p><p>&lt;!--CLASS::HeaderItem--&gt;</p><p>

This will do what you want.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

deans deans's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Copy Meta Keywords from Category Listing Into My Auction Listing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-13-11 07:21 AM next post previous post
Hello Ahmed,\ \ I know this is an old post, but it is similar to the question I have.\ \ I am using the Title of the auction listing for my auction keywords. I would also like to add the keywords from the category, so it would look something like this:\ \ \ \

But I don't want the default "Meta_Keywords", I want to replace it with the Category keywords. \ \ What do I replace that with? \ \ Thanks for your time.\
Dean
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: custom work request for auctions meta tags Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-13-11 12:29 PM next post previous post

All you need is to set the each specific category meta tags in the admin->category manager, click on edit for the category you want then put its meta tags, the software will only use the default tags if these category meta tags are empty.

Category Configuration  What's This?   
         Top>Antiques & Art 
Current Language:English
Category ID #:1
Parnet Category ID #: Change to move category to another parnet
Category Active?:
Accept Submissions?:
Category Teaser?:
Request Adult Verification?:
Request User Login?:
Sort Order:
Icon File:
Template:
Custom Fields Format:
Category Name: HTML allowed
Description:
HTML allowed
Category Meta Title:
Category Meta Description:
Category Meta Keywords:

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

deans deans's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Auction Item Meta Tags Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-13-11 04:21 PM next post previous post
Ahmed,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't explain myself apparently.

I have edited all of my categories' meta tags. They are all different than the default meta tags. But when you look at an auction lisitng's page source in any category, it only shows the default meta tags. I did a screen shot of:

1. category meta tags
2. category browse page source
3. Auction Item page source

These are all from the category "Gravel and Rocks", so the auction item listing should show the meta tags from that category, but it doesn't - it only shows the default meta tags.

So, what is my problem? Thanks again.
Dean
File  File  File
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-14-11 03:55 AM last post previous post
Now you cleared it, the view item page displays the item title, category name in the meta title, the other meta tags are the defaults, this is the same as all other pages. The category meta tags works on browsing the categories only, this is normal.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print