Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 11:46 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Editing classes and templates in WYSIWYG
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
patrick patrick's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Editing classes and templates in WYSIWYG Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-09-11 11:28 AM next post first post
Ok could somebody PLEASE help me. Ive been trying for ages to just find out how to open up, say, AboutUs.html and edit it using Front Page, but I dont have a clue why I cant alter the html. \ \ When I save the page onto my PC and then try to open it in F/page, all I see is:\ [[about_us_title]]\ \ [[about_us_body]] \ \ Now, I know that these are language variables, but how am I supposed to edit these in F/page! This goes for general classes as well. If I want to edit any of the classes in F/page I try to copy/paste the HTML from the admin editor, but I just get blank like previews. \ \ Please tell me what I need to do to use a WYSIWYG for editing classes and templates - I cant do anything unless I know the basic technique! And how can I edit the language files if they are .PM format, what program would u need to edit that! Are you supposed to edit these!\ \ Troubled Patrick :-(
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: Editing classes and templates in WYSIWYG Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-09-11 12:37 PM next post previous post
I'm not a Frontpage user, but I think it's possible that you may be trying to copy and paste the HTML code from the class files to the WYSIWYG (Layout) page. Try pasting it into the Source (Code)page instead. There should be 2-3 tabs at the top in Frontpage that will let you swap views. Whenever I try to paste HTML to the layout page of my editor it won't paste either.\ \ Then you should be able to swap back to the Layout page.\ \ You can edit PM files with an editor such as ConText(free), but you should know what you are doing so you don't mess them up. Always keep the original backup.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-09-11 01:16 PM next post previous post
Yeh thanks for making effort to reply mate. I know what your saying about the 3 tabs, but I have directly pasted the code into the HTML layout section. If say I were to view the source code of a site and paste it into the HTML text area in Front page, the site would be replicated in the preview area. My problem however, is that I cannot paste the code from the classes into Front page without seeing [[Language_variable_name]] etc! All I want is the original code to modify in WYSIWYG, not some language variable or whatever it is.\ \ Any more suggestions??
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-09-11 02:37 PM next post previous post
But, you are getting the original HTML from the template. The [[about_us_title]] and [[about_us_body]] that you are seeing are the tags placed in the template. Those tags tell that particular template to search the corresponding language file for the variables [[about_us_title]] or [[about_us_body]] and the text placed in the language file for that particular tag is displayed.\ \ Find the language file (in your Language Editor in Admin) for About Us and you will see those two variables (without the brackets) and you will see the text in the box next to them. That is what is displayed when someone view the About us page on your site.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-09-11 02:53 PM next post previous post
Ok, but there is no Language Editor on my admin page, the only ones listed under Layout and Integration are: Theme manager, Class Editor, Template Editor, and Custom Functions.\ \ No sign of Language Editor unfortunately. Ahmed istalled the program for me earlier this week so it should be up to date, fo you have a Language Editor feature? \ \ Patrick
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-09-11 03:25 PM next post previous post
I'm sorry then Patrick. I'm a Auctionawy user and assumed Classifiedawy had similar features. Is there a tab named Language Manager? Should be one in the same section as Fees Manager, SQL & Database Manager....etc. \ \ Surely there is a language editor somewhere or everyone that is using Classifiedawy would have sites with the same "words" as it came out of the box from Mewsoft.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-09-11 06:20 PM next post previous post
LOL, yup, seems to be the case. But im rank amateur so wouldnt wanna diss the programing. Im just gettin to grips with it!
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-09-11 06:37 PM last post previous post
That's part of it. Have to learn where everything is and go from there.\ \ This is a pretty customizable program if you learn where everything is.\ \ I hope you get your site like you want it!
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print