Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 12:17 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Email notification not completing
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
darcyv darcyv's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Email notification not completing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-25-08 01:28 AM next post first post
Hello,\ \ I was working on doing some test runs before I launched and I noticed that the email that is sent to seller and bidder is not completing - see below (see at the bottom how it starts by cutting the 'k' off of 'feedback'): \ \ Dear darcyv and darcyv1,\ \ Congratulations! The following auction successfully ended with the Buy It Now option.\ \ Item ID #: 1118634423\ Title: Testing once again\ Final Price: $15.00\ \ Seller User ID: XXX\ Seller Email: XXXXX\ Winner User ID: XXXX\ Winner Email: XXXXXX\ Start bid: $10.00\ Quantity: 1\ Close time: Sunday, June 19, 2005 10:47 PM\ Description: This is another test of the system\ \ The link to your item is \ http://www.xxxxx.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=ViewItem&ID=1118634423&Lang=English\ \ What to do next:\ \ -The buyer and seller should contact each other within three (3) business days to complete the sale. Not getting in touch leaves the contract in limbo and can earn you negative feedback.\ \ -Help other users by leaving feedbac\ -----------------------------------------\ There are a few more paragraphs from the missing 'k'. I see nothing odd in the code that would make it do this.\ \ Thanks!
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Email notification not completing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-25-08 11:21 PM next post previous post
It may be your mail server has message size limit or your mail client. Try to check your mail from the web if possible and see.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

darcyv darcyv's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-27-08 02:21 AM next post previous post
I contacted the sys admin and here is what he said:\ \ No, there isn't a size limit on the server that would impact a message of that size. How is the message generated? Bear in mind that some datatypes in PHP and mySQL have limits to the length of data that can be within them (after which you swich from VARCHAR character types to TEXT character types in mysql)..\ \ Not really sure what that means exactly... but, this also happens on one of my other mewsoft scripts (NetPartners)that has a more lengthy email.\ \ Thanks again for your help!
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-28-08 03:13 PM last post previous post
All his message does not explain the problem. Anyawy, all your program emails and language text are stored in the text files in your data/language/English directory, so it is not stored in the sql database so no limit on it and you can view and edit your message again in your language manager, try to check on this first.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print