Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 25, 2024 09:51 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > I can't run the classified script. Please help ASAP!!!!!
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
cosmo3 cosmo3's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

I can't run the classified script. Please help ASAP!!!!! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-09-12 02:37 AM next post first post
I really need your help! I installed the classified script according to\ instructions in install file. However, I got this server error:\ \ "Internal Server Error\ The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was\ unable to complete your request.\ Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@globalclassifiedads.com\ and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might\ have done that may have caused the error.\ \ More information about this error may be available in the server error log.\ \ \ Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an\ ErrorDocument to handle the request. "\ Domain: globalclassifiedads.com\ Thank you
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: I can't run the classified script. Please help ASAP!!!!! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-09-12 03:55 AM next post previous post

Search these forums for your error, in the search box above enter:

internal server error

you will find many posts, this is a general error which can be due to many things.

There is also docs about installation here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/classified/installation.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

I can't run the classified script Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-09-12 09:24 AM next post previous post
Unfortunately, the previous posts that are relevant to my problem do not offer any useful answer. As for the installation instructions, they were followed religiously. I have installed a lot of scripts. I have never encountered this problem before. I am sure it's not a problem with permission or the upload mode to the server. In fact, the admin.cgi is running, but it appears as a demo version. There are a few posts about it, but there was no useful answer. At this point, I just feel very frustrated. I feel that the installation instructions are incomplete, and that is why I cannot run the script. By the way, the search script has the same problem!!!\ \ If there is someone out there who experienced the same installation issues and was able to solve the problem, please let me know.\ \ Thank you
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: I can't run the classified script. Please help ASAP!!!!! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-09-12 09:36 AM next post previous post
Did you installed Searchawy?

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-09-12 09:41 AM next post previous post

Also the only thing that enable the demo mode is editing this line in the file data/SysConfig.pm:

Demo_Mode~==~0

to

Demo_Mode~==~1

If you find it Demo_Mode~==~0 then it is not in demo mode. I double checked the version in your download area is not in demo mode.

The issue may be some files transfered in Binary mode and therefore it is not read correct. You need to upload all the files in all directories under the cgi-bin/classifieds.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Searchawy installation does not work either Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-09-12 09:50 AM next post previous post
Yes, I did install searchawy. It does not run either. It gives me the same error. I will try re-uploading both scripts again although I am sure that they were uploaded correctly.
Registered Member
Member Offline

problem with admin login access? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 01-09-12 10:36 AM next post previous post
I have made some progress with the script installation. I was able to access admin.cgi, but I changed the username and password. The script asked me to login again, but it does not recognize the new login access. How do I overcome that and access admin.cgi again?\ \ Thank you
Registered Member
Member Offline

Problem with table creation Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 01-09-12 10:53 AM next post previous post
Now I have a problem with the setup wizard for creating table for the database globalcl_class. It gives me the following error:\ SQL Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client\ Query: \ DBI:mysql:database=globalcl_class;host=localhost;port=3306.\ Can you help me solve this problem?\ \ Thank you
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 01-09-12 04:10 PM next post previous post
You need to create a mysql dataabse from your site control panel and create a user for it and add that user for the database then enter these info in your admin.cgi -> configuration and complete tdhe installation steps about the configuration.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 01-10-12 03:26 AM next post previous post
I have done that before the problem occurred and reassigned all privilleges to the user globalcl_class for the database globalcl_class. My host actually switched my sites to a different server to see if the problem could resolve. The last time I checked, it didn't. So I am left without a solution.\ It still gives me the same error below:\ SQL Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client\ Query: \ DBI:mysql:database=globalcl_class;host=localhost;port=3306.\ \ Please let me know if you have any idea\ Thank you
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 01-10-12 09:39 AM last post previous post

Atually this is not your falut, this is the hosting company fault, they should upgrade their server but this is the case with very old companies, ask them to search Google for the solution for this error, there are 2 solutions they should do:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

http://www.google.com.eg/search?hl=en&q=Client+does+not+support+authentication+protocol+requested+by+server;+consider+upgrading+MySQL+client&meta=

A.2.3. Client does not support authentication protocol

MySQL 5.0 uses an authentication protocol based on a password hashing algorithm that is incompatible with that used by older (pre-4.1) clients. If you upgrade the server from 4.1, attempts to connect to it with an older client may fail with the following message:

shell> mysql\
Client does not support authentication protocol requested\
by server; consider upgrading MySQL client\

To solve this problem, you should use one of the following approaches:

• Upgrade all client programs to use a 4.1.1 or newer client library.

• When connecting to the server with a pre-4.1 client program, use an account that still has a pre-4.1-style password.

• Reset the password to pre-4.1 style for each user that needs to use a pre-4.1 client program. This can be done using the SET PASSWORD statement and the OLD_PASSWORD() function:

mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR\
        -> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');\

Alternatively, use UPDATE and FLUSH PRIVILEGES:

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd')\
        -> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';\
    mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;\

Substitute the password you want to use for “newpwd” in the preceding examples. MySQL cannot tell you what the original password was, so you'll need to pick a new one.

• Tell the server to use the older password hashing algorithm:

1. Start mysqld with the --old-passwords option.

2. Assign an old-format password to each account that has had its password updated to the longer 4.1 format. You can identify these accounts with the following query:

mysql> SELECT Host, User, Password FROM mysql.user\
          -> WHERE LENGTH(Password) > 16;\

For each account record displayed by the query, use the Host and User values and assign a password using the OLD_PASSWORD() function and either SET PASSWORD or UPDATE, as described earlier.

Note: In older versions of PHP, the mysql extension does not support the authentication protocol in MySQL 4.1.1 and higher. This is true regardless of the PHP version being used. If you wish to use the mysql extension with MySQL 4.1 or newer, you may need to follow one of the options discussed above for configuring MySQL to work with old clients. The mysqli extension (stands for "MySQL, Improved"; added in PHP 5) is compatible with the improved password hashing employed in MySQL 4.1 and higher, and no special configuration of MySQL need be done to use this MySQL client library. For more information about the mysqli extension, see http://php.net/mysqli.

It may also be possible to compile the older mysql extension against the new MySQL client library. This is beyond the scope of this Manual; consult the PHP documentation for more information. You also be able to obtain assistance with these issues in our MySQL with PHP forum.

For additional background on password hashing and authentication, see Section 5.8.9, “Password Hashing as of MySQL 4.1”.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print