Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 12:44 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Information Included in Email
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bidbeach.com bidbeach.com's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Information Included in Email Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-18-08 08:02 PM next post first post
With auctionawy it appears that when it sends "winner" announcements to the winner, and the email to the seller, does not include information such as paypal ID and the like. I have the email language file:\ \ Dear and ,
Congratulations, this auction successfully ended and you are a winning bidder.

Item ID #: 3910
Title:
Final Price: [[currency]]

Seller User ID:
Seller Email:
Winner User ID:
Winner Email:
Start bid: [[currency]]
Quantity:
Close time:
Description:
The link to your item is

What to do next:
-The buyer and seller should contact each other within three business days to complete the sale. Not getting in touch leaves the contract in limbo and can earn you negative feedback.

-Help other users by leaving feedback about your transaction.

-This auction's results, including email addresses of all bidders, are available for limited time only.

-Important note to winning bidders: Please send your payment to the seller.

Hey, We're so glad your auction was successful, and we hope to see you again soon. Please be sure to tell your friends about us as we'd love to see them here too.

Thank you
The Auction Team
\ \ You see, I believe it would be so much more efficent if the information were included in these language files.\ \ Now I do note that auctionawy does not ask for a paypal ID or the like on registration. Is there a way to add registration fields, and if so, how? More than that, what type of variable is added to the email class file so this information would be sent out?\ \ Any help would be appriciated.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Information Included in Email Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-19-08 09:29 AM next post previous post
The emails text you can edit to anything you want and that's why we did it with a language manager, the final look and feel is to your's and different from one to other, edit, ad, delete whatever you want as you like, the default always is the minimum shown as example and not suggested for final use for everyone. The registration page will not ask for paypal information for any reason, these info should only be exchanged between buyers and sellers for their own use only.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bidbeach.com bidbeach.com's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: Information Included in Email Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-19-08 06:04 PM last post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
The emails text you can edit to anything you want and that's why we did it with a language manager, the final look and feel is to your's and different from one to other, edit, ad, delete whatever you want as you like, the default always is the minimum shown as example and not suggested for final use for everyone. The registration page will not ask for paypal information for any reason, these info should only be exchanged between buyers and sellers for their own use only.
\
\ \ However, I was able to add it as a custom field, as User1_Form I do believe. As you said, we can use the template with the language manager, if this is so, then how would I link the information that gets added variablly to the email template?
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print