Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 26, 2024 09:51 AM 
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
totalbids totalbids's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.totalbids.co.uk Send private message YIM Messenger: toptech1911 MSN Messenger: jason_yorke@hotmail.com

ms.cgi Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-07-08 03:17 PM next post first post
Hi.

I have been advised my the guys that run my server that ms.cgi is spiking the server load , sometimes to 20.50

I have made numerous new files using the in-built template files etc and call the files with <!--CLASS::Page:filename-->

As soon as i take the new templates i have created out then the server load drops drastically and everything seems to work as it should.

Anyone had similar problems??

Cheers

Jason
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: ms.cgi Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-07-08 06:08 PM next post previous post
I do not think there is any server load and the file ms.cgi as it does not have anything to do with the server, it is just regular perl file like any other files. It may be your server crashed during your call for it but test it again anyway.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

cinder cinder's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-08-08 07:22 PM next post previous post
I was wondering what the outcome of the previous problem was... I just installed auctionaway and have added 2 new pages. Sometime overnight stuff happened and I have a server overload warning. I checked my processes and it shows this:

1387 user 0 24.9 0.8 /usr/local/bin/perl ms.cgi

1391 user 0 24.9 0.8 /usr/local/bin/perl ms.cgi

1393 user 0 24.9 0.8 /usr/local/bin/perl ms.cgi

1454 user 0 24.9 0.8 /usr/local/bin/perl ms.cgi

What would be causing this file to run 4 processes at the same time? Is there a logical fix to this? I'm going to have to rename the script folder to shut it down for now becasue the above has maxed out my server and I have other programs that need to run. Thanks in advance! Cris
totalbids totalbids's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http://www.totalbids.co.uk Send private message YIM Messenger: toptech1911 MSN Messenger: jason_yorke@hotmail.com

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-10-08 11:14 AM next post previous post
This seems to be working ok for me at the moment. Mind you, i have added caching to my site to reduce the server load so i cant really tell if ms.cgi needs altering or not. I do know that as soon as i create a new page the server load shoots up quickly and then drops after a while, but after thoughrely looking at ms.cgi script i cannot see how this would increase server load.
cinder cinder's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-10-08 04:38 PM last post previous post
Thank you for the reply. I did a Graceful Reboot (I needed to do one anyways) and it seemed to have stopped the processes. Haven't had the problem since. Due to the lack of forum posts on the ms.cgi issue, it appears that it is related to one's server environment or type (as Mewsoft suggested) - For instance, I just switched from an Ensim panel (Linux) to cPanel (Linux). THe cPanel is great for my needs, but it does seem to react differently when I do something that was not a problem in the Ensim environment... ... either way - it's all better now! big grin

Take care.... Cris
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print