New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
hara hara's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

MultiLanguage setup Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-27-12 02:38 AM next post first post
Dear Sir,\ \ Feel good to have your program. Before edite it, I want to know if I add two more Foreign languages options on the system, every time I need to select that Language first than type that Language and replace the default English. The original English version/option will not be erased and still remain the same, is that right? \ \ How to set the code for detecting client OS language browser and open his language automatically when he browsing my site?\ \ Thanks!
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: MultiLanguage setup Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-27-12 02:59 AM next post previous post

You can create languages as you like with no effect on existing languages if I understand you. The user needs to select the language only the first visit then after this it is saved by cookie.

As for code for auto detetcing, search the JS code sites for ready code, of course yu will need some custom JS code done.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-27-12 05:23 PM next post previous post
Thank you for above reply.\ \ More questions while setting:\ \ 1. I created a second Language. But when I select this Language from front page of the site, the page always jump back to English version. What can I do?\ \ 2. When I browse the site on Category with Foreign language encoding, the bottom page of Sort by:.... Expires appears Expires?A HREF="http://classifieds.xxxxxx.com/cgi-bin/ads/classified.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Status=1&Sorted=1&Sort=E&Dir=0&Page=1&Cat_ID=1&CatA_ID=0&CatB_ID=0&Lang=English"> \ \ Please advise.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-27-12 08:03 PM next post previous post

If you did not translate the second language then the text will be the same whatever language you select.

Please post the url to what you said to understand what you are saying.

thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-28-12 02:08 AM next post previous post
You can see my this page at: \ http://xxx.com/cgi-bin/ads/classified.cgi\ Select second Language, the page always jump back to English version.\ \ When you select second/my language browser, mix html codes appear surround the webpage. Your Forum site has same problem when using second language(at least my language now) browser. \ \ Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-28-12 10:46 AM next post previous post
Do not use none english for the language name you created. Delete the one you created and create it with English name, the server seems to unable to parse these unicode chars.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 06-28-12 11:06 AM next post previous post
I created second language with English, but it doesn't sovlve the problem and still unselectable. You can see from above page.
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 06-28-12 12:02 PM next post previous post

Correct, there was a bug in Classifieds.pm and I updated your site. Working now.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 06-28-12 12:30 PM next post previous post
Yes, it's working. Even I used second language and selectable working fine now. \ \ Thank you!
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 06-28-12 01:48 PM next post previous post
Dear Ahmed,\ \ I found two more questions and need your help.\ \ 1. I added contires name in second language, but they wouldn't showup on "Select your Region". Same Ads Type.\ \ 2. I putted second language for Categories...counts on Site Statistic, they come out mix html codes with unreadable. \ \ Please advise. Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 06-28-12 03:50 PM next post previous post
You need to edit the categories for the second languages and set these categories to Active, empty categories are NOT active.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 11 Posted on: 06-28-12 08:52 PM next post previous post
I do not have problem on creating categories. They are working fine. But I need help for the following:\ \ 1. I created contires names with second language, but on the "Select your Region" srollbox still empty. Same on "Ads Type".\ \ 2. I also typed second language for Categories, Total Ads, Current Ads...counter under Site Statistic, they are showing mixup html codes and unreadable. \ \ Please help. Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 12 Posted on: 06-28-12 10:18 PM next post previous post

You need to translate the names , in your admin -> Type categories, Location categories.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 06-29-12 01:53 AM next post previous post
Yes, I translate all from Admin. However, it seem you are misunderstanding my questions. I try again:\ \ 1. I translated all countries names with second language, but they wouldn't show up on the scroll box under "Select your region" section. Same on Ads Type.\ \ 2. For "Site Statistic" section \ I translated the counter names with second language, such as XX Total Listed, XX Total Categories, XX Total Ads, XX Current Ads, XX Seconds consumed. But they show with mixup html codes and unreadable. \ \ 3. One more question found:\ When I use second language encoding browser, mixup html codes appear on all category pages read:\ Sort by: Photo | Title | Type | Location | Expires?A HREF="http://xxx.com/cgi-bin/ads/classified.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Status=1&Sorted=1&Sort=E&Dir=0&Page=1&Cat_ID=1&CatA_ID=0&CatB_ID=0&Lang=English">\ \ They are on page url:\ http://xxx.com/cgi-bin/ads/classified.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Cat_ID=1&CatA_ID=0&CatB_ID=0&Lang=English\ \ They are same when I select second language from the site.\ \ Please help.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 14 Posted on: 06-29-12 11:57 AM next post previous post
I saw you got translation program on your site. It's great tool. However, it's not suitable for my site at this moment. Since most of our users post their ads in Chinese. I need to equips Chinese version as a part of them. Therefore, I need your help for above questions. Please advise.\ \ Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 15 Posted on: 06-30-12 05:41 AM next post previous post

The regions you translate in the language manager is used for user registration only, the ads region categories is used for what I said select your region.

To display your chinese or other languages you either need to do 2 things

You need to change the charset in the header to your chinse charset, or you may use a UTF-8 encoding that's convert each byte to the format &xxxx;. Normally if you use frontpage it wil create new pages with your PC default code page and also you can use itto convert the text to a unicode.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 16 Posted on: 06-30-12 07:03 AM next post previous post
Got it. Thank you for your patient.\ \ One more thing I concern that, I created The contries name from "Categories AdsLocation Manager", I selected only some of contries in Chinese, they are listing not in order, they are less than English version and also less than the other in Language.pm. Is it will cause any searching problem on "Select your region"? Or the system is smart enough to catch exactly that contry you are search for? \ \ Thanks.
Member Offline

Reply #: 17 Posted on: 06-30-12 07:19 AM last post previous post

First you sort the display by the "Sort" value. Second the program uses unique numeric ID's for everything and never depend on text values for all categories types etc.

I will close this topic as it is driving other topics.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print