Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Wednesday, April 24, 2024 02:51 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > my site is down!
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
brucelu brucelu's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

my site is down! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-05-08 07:24 AM next post first post
Hi,

While I was editing about us template, I was facing problems in browsing my site. I have to reload webpage several times otherwise it shows blank page only. And now I am trying to browse the homepage and go back to admin.cgi page, but shows only blank page again. It seems my site is down!

Do you know what may cause this problem?

Help! frown
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: my site is down! Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-05-08 12:04 PM next post previous post
Editing language files will not take your site down ever, only if you changed your setup in the configuration. Also when editing templates and classes remember that if you use Microsoft Frontpage to editthe templates or Classes to choose the option "Preserve existing HTML"

Frontpage->Tools ->Page Options ->HTML source Tab ->select Preserve existing HTML

because frontpage by default will convert all "<" letters to & l t ; and all ">" to & g t ; which will disable all classes and plugins in the templates.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-05-08 02:22 PM next post previous post
Hi,

I didn't use FrontPage to edit the template so far.

Regarding the lanuguage, you remind me that I ever changed from Enligh to German to see how my site works. However, it was done while browsing the my site, not under the admin. That is, from the top of the homepage, I chose the language, then clicked German as default lanuage. I did this just to test how my site will change. Then this happend. Yes, it did change but change all webpages to blank, even the admin page to login. Now I can't access the admin any more, neither all webpages.

I think if this happens during any visitor browsing my site then I would have big problem in the future. So, please help me get access to the admin login page again and I decide to delete German lanuage from configuration setting.

HELP !!! frown
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-05-08 04:13 PM next post previous post
I see you fixed your site as I can see both your links:

http://www.mrmore.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi

http://www.mrmore.com/cgi-bin/auction/admin.cgi

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 06-05-08 04:53 PM next post previous post
I though it's you who helped me fix the problem and was just about to saying thank you. Is not you who fix it for me? If not, it is very strange! Could it possibly be the web hosting provider's problem? Well, I ever login and checked the status and it was ok ........

Well, I have to thank you so much for helping me quickly all the time. It is very very much appreciated.

Bruce
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 06-05-08 07:52 PM last post previous post
It may be your server was crashing or restarting or your browser cashing old data, anyway it is good now.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print