Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, March 29, 2024 03:26 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY?
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
conuremom conuremom's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 08-09-09 06:18 PM next post first post

(starting a new thread in hopes of finding some help)

I think that I've determined that files like < !--Ad2-- > are server side include comments. (Ahmed, am I right?)

I need to find a way to add the resulting data of two such files together to produce a total which can be included in a winning bidder letter.

I cannot seem to find whether the data included in SSI variables can be acted upon once produced. I've tried bringing the variable data into a javascript without success.

If someone knows a way to do this, please tell me! I'm really close to finishing this project so I can start using the software.

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: need help doing addition with variables PLEASE? ANYBODY? Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 08-10-09 02:53 PM next post previous post

No, these are not SSI tags, these where the program inserts its output in the templates. There are ways of course to include SSI files from the server, check your homepage (Frontpage.html) template for the commented classes, to include a text file, you can use this class:

Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
</p><p>&lt;!--!CLASS::SSI_Include(ssi_include.txt)--&gt;</p><p>

replace ssi_include.txt with teh full server pathname of the file you want to include.

Why you want to include a files, just insert the contents to the email body messages in your language manager.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

conuremom conuremom's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

variables Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 08-10-09 04:44 PM last post previous post
There is no variable that shows the output of the sum of the variables "current_bid" and "shipping_fee". I have to add those two together somehow to create that total.\ How can I do that and make it appear in the winning bidder email? That's what I'm trying to do.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print