Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 05:48 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Need help with PayPal integration...
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
sodadood sodadood's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Need help with PayPal integration... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-31-13 03:59 PM next post first post
For this classifieds site that I'm working on, I want to be able to accept PayPal only (no credit cards since we don't have a merchant account for visa or m/c).\ \ So my question is, I see from the admin 'account setup' section that PayPal can be implemented, but that it works with PayPal DoDirectPayment. I'm not familiar with DoDirectPayment via PayPal, but I'm afraid that maybe I cannot make use of it since I'm in Canada? I have a PayPal account and most often accept payment in US funds.\ \ I guess what I'm asking is that in the 'admin' and Merchant Account Setup, under 16- DoDirectPayment it's asking for Paypal DoDirectPayment Settings\ Username: \ Password: \ Signature:\ \ I'm not sure what those are for?\ \ Thanks,\ Blair.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Need help with PayPal integration... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-31-13 09:09 PM next post previous post
There is an FAQL about Paypal setup inour FAQ forum here check it. Yes Paypal do direct payment not available in all counteries, I think in USA and UK only, check for Canada. You can use paypal IPN and email methods, see the Money Manager in any user account from the auction side.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-25-13 12:38 PM next post previous post
Hi - ok, I have a few more troubles that I am trying to sort out. If I want to use PayPal IPN, when I try to sign up for it in PayPal it is asking for a Notification URL and will not allow me to turn IPN on unless I enter a URL.\ \ Except that I have no idea what the url would be to enter?\ \ Also - I want to be able to have users enter their ad, review it, then be prompted to pay for the ad immediately using PayPal. Under the admin - general options, I clicked Sellers Must Prepay Listing Fees: YES, thinking that this would cause PayPal to come up.\ \ Am I expecting too much... does a user have to place their ad first, then go to Money Manager and make a payment for the ad? I guess what I'm asking is, what is preventing a user from posting an ad and then never paying for it?\ \ Please help with the IPN and my other questions? Thanks!
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-25-13 01:02 PM next post previous post

You do not need to specify the notify url for paypal, this is sent automaticaly with every order by the software.

As for prepay, if you set this option to on, users will not be able to post ads unless their balance is equal o or more than the ad cost.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-25-13 01:09 PM next post previous post
If I try to select 'ON' for IPN in my PayPal account, it won't accept it unless I type in a url below. The error message says:\ \ "You must enter a properly formatted URL into the Notification URL field in order to activate Instant Payment Notification."\ \ So that's where I'm stuck at the moment. frown
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 04-25-13 01:22 PM next post previous post
I think you do not need to turn it on, it is done automatically as I said above,

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 04-25-13 03:48 PM next post previous post
I have setup my classifieds section so that people must prepay a minimum of $5.00 to purchase a classified ad.\ \ I want to use ONLY PayPal. I have setup the PayPal in the Billing Manager... I just tested it and the PP payment goes through to the correct account, the payment is received, yet it is not showing up on the Account Manager section - and when I click on 'Place Ad' on the Classifieds page using the account I created for myself, it still says that the account balance is $0.00.\ \ So, PayPal is obviously NOT communicating with the server. I made a separate email account JUST for the PayPal server communication, as was suggested. But if PayPal IPN is NOT turned on in my PayPal account, I don't see how it can work properly???\ \ Please help - I think I'm close to getting it right.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 04-26-13 05:53 PM next post previous post
I still haven't figured it out, but I've been reading quite a few other posts from previous users who had the same problem.\ \ I waited 8 hours and still no post to the server from the PayPal IPN side.\ \ I also read that you suggested to one user that the permissions may need to be changed or something like that? How would I do that, or do I need to?\ \ As I mentioned, I want to keep it simple and only accept PayPal (I have now deleted the other methods of payment from the money manager). But I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong for the IPN to notify the server correctly?! Please help.
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 04-26-13 06:03 PM next post previous post

The paypal notify script is:

http://yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/classified/PaypalNotify.cgi

if you want to use it, but this will notify on every payment I think made to your account. You make sure that the 2 scripts PaypalNotify.cgi and PaypalSuccess.cgi permissions are set to 755 on your server.

Just to make it clear for you and everyone else:

Paypal IPN Overview

As soon as you receive payment to your PayPal account, PayPal posts the transaction details to your specified URL, which you either configure in your PayPal preferences, or in your HTML forms' "notify_url" hidden field.

We use the notify_url in the form that we send tp paypal therefore you do not need to configure anything in your paypal preferences.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 04-27-13 02:17 AM next post previous post
I still haven't figured it out, but I've been reading quite a few other posts from previous users who had the same problem.\ \ I waited 8 hours and still no post to the server from the PayPal IPN side.\ \ I also read that you suggested to one user that the permissions may need to be changed or something like that? How would I do that, or do I need to?\ \ As I mentioned, I want to keep it simple and only accept PayPal (I have now deleted the other methods of payment from the money manager). But I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong for the IPN to notify the server correctly?! Please help.
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 04-27-13 04:48 AM last post previous post
In the money manager, you should use the method Make Paypal Instant Payment (IPN) to make payment. Then the 2 cgi files above paypal*.cgi permissions should be set to 755 if they are not. You change permissions using an FTP program to connect to your site.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Unlock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print