Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Tuesday, April 23, 2024 08:27 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Searchawy > Pending Accounts, error and fake e-mail
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
wiswis wiswis's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

Pending Accounts, error and fake e-mail Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-07-14 02:20 PM next post first post
Hi, \ I did some tests on the registration form and I found the following needs some explanation...\ ---------------------------------------------------\ 1. when a user register but does not check his e-mail to validate his e-mail address and activate his account by click on the activating link with the code provided in the e-mail,...How can I know that he did NOT check his e-mail, or never clicked on the link provided in the confirmation registration e-mail, so I know whether I approve or not to active his account?\ ---------------------------------------------------\ 2. in case his e-mail is a false or fake not real some thing like: kramshx38@xvhou93xx.co.ht , (real or false) they all goes to the Pending accounts,...How can I know this e-mail not true in order to active his account, in other word, when the user click on the link inside the activation confirmation e-mail to validate his e-mail address, is there any sign goes to my Admin to tell me that this account is clicked and activated from the user and his e-mail valid?\ ---------------------------------------------------\ 3. In the Pending Accounts when I tick the activate then submit changes, it comes an error:\ ((Error: Can't open language file : No such file or directory\ Line 358, File /home/wis2008/public_html/cgi-bin/dir/General.pm )) \ also when I tick the activate box and that error comes, the system duplicate the same account and send it to the "Account Manager" but a copy stay in Pending Accounts!!\ How does that work?\ Could you please go the points above one by one...\ \ Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Pending Accounts, error and fake e-mail Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-07-14 08:19 PM last post previous post

To summrize, do not activate pending accounts, there is not way to know if the user email in the pending accounts is valid and working email or not, the only way to assue this after the user activates his account from the link sent to his email.

As for the error, make sure all the language files uploaded on your server.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print