Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 12:39 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Pre Sales Question for Auction System
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
fan4chevy fan4chevy's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Pre Sales Question for Auction System Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-07-08 09:50 AM next post first post
Hey team,

I am very interested in this sytem but am hesitant as I have really taken a liking to PHP apps.

1.) Can you tell me how you compare to PHP

2.)What advantages or disadvantages might there be with cgi vs php?

I just want to make a sound decision that long term I am a happy camper with, especially since I have already gone mostly php with all my other scripts.

Thanks for your help and honesty
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Pre Sales Question for Auction System Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-07-08 12:20 PM next post previous post
There are similar topic here on this forum you may search or browser for them. In general we do nlot allow users to post here other vendors systems but you can have our customers opinions here of course. I edited your post removing other vendors names.

In my personal opinion it is too away the php from Perl, perl is the most powerful language now for the web and most applications and is supported by the largest community over the world, php in my opinion is still in its very early days platform dependent and maybe restricted to web use only. At least see how perl have many thousand module lsited on cpan.org supported by the best web developers over the world, see how many comapny working on it commercialy like activestate.com, nothing can notbe done in perl and in most cases it is much faster than compiled programs in c++. If you worked with perl for years like us yo will know the difference, you can even easily modify perl itself for your own needs.

Again this is not official opinion, just my thoughts

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Pre Sales Question for Auction System Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-07-08 12:51 PM next post previous post
I found you also opened this same topic before:

http://www.mewsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=291&highlight=#291
posted on Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:53 pm

so I am not sure what you mean, is that kind of advertisng, I think this should be deleted then

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

fan4chevy fan4chevy's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Thank you for your reply Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-08-08 12:31 AM last post previous post
Mewsoft,

I was confused about the last link you provided asking if it was advertising. However, I appreciate your feedback on Perl vs PHP which was very helpfull. I am not a software developer and not in favor of any other program outside of Mewsoft.

I am at my pre-sales stage wanting both an auction system and a classifieds system. I use to use Cgi scripts prodominately on my websites but then kinda switched to php using phpbb, phpmychat, oscommerce and other programs finding them real easy to install and change.

This is why I am asking about cgi vs php as I am not an expert but do want an easy to use but powerful system rich in features. I was kinda feeling cgi was becoming a thing of the past, but am seeing that it is actually not. So far yours is a great system and I have been leaning to it for the past month or so and finalizing my decision as I see it as an investment. The other php program I mentioned was real attractive to the eye in appearance and was obviously php but as you can see I was not sold on them. I have been watching for your classifieds section as well for sometime with a great interest.

In conclusion I am finding the support here wonderful which is a real selling point. I am also liking the fact that your auction system really has just about all the features and layout of the famous eBay. With your comments and help I am sure I will be a long term advocate of MEWSOFT.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print