New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
darcyv darcyv's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Problem returned Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-14-08 11:14 PM next post first post
Hello again,\ \ In my last post in this forum I mentioned that I was able to fix my problem by just deleting the enitire database and rebuilding it from scratch. I then started having some problems with the Classifieds (not sure if it's related). Today I turned on the computer, loaded up my auction site and all the categories were gone (could possibly be related to trying to fix the Classifieds site???). I restored the database that I had saved a while back and I started having the same problems all over again with the error messages and duplicate entry errors. This is the database I saved when I did the 8.63 upgrade (this is also when I began having the problems)... so maybe it's related but... I noticed that when I used the set up wizard to create the sql tables for the auction I then have to go redo the same thing again with the Classifieds and the Forum. I imagine that I could just delete the database again and then rebuild it which solved the problem before but because the same problems are now happening again there is obviously something wrong. \ \ For the Auction configuration I have the Mewsoft passport and Boardawy plugin set to yes. But for some reason on the Boardawy config.. the Mewsoft Passport is set to yes but it will not let me save the yes otion for the Auction and Classified plugin. I change it to yes, hit save and it goes back to no. The Searchawy plugin is not even enabled. I don't know if all this is related but thought I'd mention it.\ \ Also, even though I have recreated all the tables for auction, classifieds, and forum, if I go to edit the Categories language file (by pulling it up from the Language Manager in the Admin)I get this error (all others work fine):\ \ SQL Error: Unknown column 'Name' in 'field list'\ Query: \ SELECT Cat_ID, Name FROM Auction_Categories\ Line 1316, File /home/babyever/public_html/cgi-bin/auction/SQLlib.pm.\ \ You suggested in a previous post that I just reinstall everything. I was concerned that I would lose all the customization that I have done but I've only made changes to the html and language files so I imagine I could just save those, reinstall and then replace the html and language files with the ones I've saved. If reinstalling everything is the only option at this point, I can give it whirl but am not 100% confident that I can do it on my own and may possibly need your help again. As mentioned previously you installed this for me about mid February (and I have done all the subsequent upgrades) and everything appeared to be working ok until I did the 8.63 upgrade.\ \ Anyway... sorry to bug you again.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Problem returned Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-15-08 12:30 AM next post previous post

If you enabled the Passport and used the same database for all products, when you delete the database you delete all the products database not only specific product. It is clear that the database you restore now is not done by the latest database format which is why you are getting errors. Yes you can save your language files and templates and reinstall and then upload what you saved.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-15-08 06:22 PM next post previous post
Is completely reinstalling the best option at this point? If I reinstall using the Auto-Installer will it just go ahead and override everything that is on the server or do I just wipe out everything off the server and then start from scratch...?
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-16-08 10:17 AM next post previous post
You can install under a different directory say cgi-bin/auction2 and create a new mysql database and finish the installation and test everything, after this you can move your templates and languages file to the new installation if you have done any customization to these

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-17-08 07:27 PM next post previous post
I have attempted to reinstall both Auction and Classifieds using the auto-install but am still having a couple of issues:\ \ With the Classifieds I saved my language and html files to transfer the custom changes I made to the new reinstallation and that worked fine. But when I do the same with the Auction the Top Nav areas and Welcome area do not show the changes.\ \ Also, with the Classifieds, when I reinstall none of the product categories show up like they did when you installed it. It's just blank. That's fine by me because I'm using different categories altogether but I just didn't know if that was a sign that it wasn't installed correctly. Also, the regions and ad types do not show up like when you installed it... don't need those either but again was concerned that it was not installed correctly.\ \ Also, in the previous post I mentioned that with the Boardawy "For the Auction configuration I have the Mewsoft passport and Boardawy plugin set to yes. But for some reason on the Boardawy config.. the Mewsoft Passport is set to yes but it will not let me save the yes otion for the Auction and Classified plugin. I change it to yes, hit save and it goes back to no. The Searchawy plugin is not even enabled" Could this be a reason for some of the database issues I was having as discussed in the previous posts?\ \ Slowly losing my hair over here ;-)
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 11-18-08 09:43 PM last post previous post
I do not know why you are wasting your time on small issues. My advice for you, ask you hosting company to delete entirly your domain, then re-create your hosting account, now you have a fresh none messed hosting account like everyone, forget anything you did before, it is better to redo it than wasting time on it, do fresh installations for the 3 products and start fresh with the latest versions. As an offer from me to help you more if you want, we can do the 3 installations and configurations for you if you order these servcies as a reseller $25 per installation. If you started to be familiar with the Auto installer then you can do it yourself.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print