Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, April 19, 2024 05:19 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Problem with translation eng to fr
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
emile emile's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Problem with translation eng to fr Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-24-12 12:31 PM next post first post
Please take a look at the the document you will find printscreens of the problem. For some reason the translation is not working. It is a very simple process it should work. The same goes for categories it shows in eng drop down but not in french. Emile
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Problem with translation eng to fr Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-24-12 01:13 PM next post previous post

For the language, I can see your translation from the user side when I switch the language from the language drop menu, see attached.

For the Categories, When you create the category in English language, it will be displayed only in the English language, then you need from the same category manager, you will find a drop menu for the language, select the Frensh language, you will find the category name blank, click on Edit for that category, enter the name in Frensh, this same if you create it in Frensh you will need to edit it in English.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Correction Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-25-12 07:19 AM next post previous post
I did check the french menu for locations and categories and they dont show up. The do show up in the nglish ha sper your comments but not in french. Try the drop down menu for mocaltions in fr and then in eng you will notice the problem.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Category problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-28-12 08:03 AM next post previous post
I followed your instructions and it dosent work. Categories show up in english but not in frenc h even if I do as you say. We will need to correct situation.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 02-28-12 04:42 PM next post previous post

I think you are doing it right, I switched the 2 Languages as you see the 2 images below, As I said above you need to switch the language from the Category Manager then translate the categories (which you may see it as empty the first times if you created the language after the categories like adding language on the default categories, but if you create a category after the languages the category will appear in all languages with the same name first until you translate it in the other languages).

So I think you are getting it now correct

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-03-12 10:15 AM next post previous post
The problem you translated the language variable itself in the file General, do not translate anything between the angle brackets < and >, your site is now working normal

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Categories drop down buton in french Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-04-12 06:01 AM next post previous post
Categories show up in fr and eng but not in the drop down button in fr. Can you tell me how to correct situation.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Categories show up in fr and eng but not in the drop down button in fr. Can you tell me how to correct situation. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-11-12 04:13 AM next post previous post
This problem is not going away, can yu suggest a solution? Emile
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-11-12 11:38 AM next post previous post
What button exactlly, can you please always be specific to where is the exact problem, I thought this was explained in details above and before, it is all either transiation the categories names or the language in the language manager, any text except the categories you translate in the Language Manager.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Member Offline

Reply #: 9 Posted on: 03-11-12 11:47 PM next post previous post

mewsoft's Wrote:
 The problem you translated the language variable itself in the file General, do not translate anything between the angle brackets < and >, your site is now working normal

This already been answered, are you repeating the same error without even checking for the same solution, see Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-26-08 04:10 PM

You did the same mistake in the language file General in the language Francis, anything you translated to < !--Nom-- > return it back to < !--Name-- >, you can copy it from our demo if you want.

You even translated all program classes like the categories_count etc, etc, again, please do not trannslate anything between < ! -- and -- > or between <-- and  -- >, you need to set these back in their original English text, copy it from our demo, or update the language file General.pm for the frnacis language.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

All categories french toutes les catégories Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 10 Posted on: 03-12-12 05:03 AM next post previous post
When I say the categories dont show up I mean the dropt down bottun just below the search box. if you try All categories in englsih you can choose one category. But in french if you choose Toutes les catégories you cannot make any choice. I hope that clears up this problem.
Registered Member
Member Offline

Zones and products Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 11 Posted on: 03-12-12 05:18 AM last post previous post
Can you explain what zones that i find in Action Edit Zones Delete And could I insert products within the admin panel for my own account or is all insertion of products done only in the front end?
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print