Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 12:11 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Problems with a few things...
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
sodadood sodadood's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Problems with a few things... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-15-13 11:34 AM next post first post
I'm working on getting my classifieds section up and running within the next couple of days and while working on it now I have come across a few things that I have questions about.\ \ - when signing up for an account, currently the 'Company Name' and 'Job Title' are required fields. How can I make these optional so that they are not required (since not everyone who uses the classifieds section will have a company name/job title)\ \ - on the signup email that I received once I created an account for myself, in the message it lists email address, account name and password, and then it says "Click here to login to your account now" but there is no link to click on or anything. Do I have access to change this message?\ \ - when I go to 'Post New Ad', I select the Ad Type, then Ad Location, and it says 'No Category selected' with a box to click on to select a category. When I click on that, it brings up another box to select category, but there's nothing listed there to select (even though I have a number of categories created). How can this be fixed?\ \ Thanks!
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Problems with a few things... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-15-13 06:43 PM next post previous post

Seems you need to browse and spend more time with the software and the admin center, anyway:

>>- when signing up for an account, currently the 'Company Name' and 'Job Title' are required fields. How >>can I make these optional so that they are not required (since not everyone who uses the classifieds section >>will have a company name/job title)

Admin->Accounts Manager, set the accounts options as you want

>- on the signup email that I received once I created an account for myself, in the message it lists email >address, account name and password, and then it says "Click here to login to your account now" but there is >no link to click on or anything. Do I have access to change this message?

All email messages and text in your language manager under edit language, see the register file

>- when I go to 'Post New Ad', I select the Ad Type, then Ad Location, and it says 'No Category selected' >with a box to click on to select a category. When I click on that, it brings up another box to select category, >but there's nothing listed there to select (even though I have a number of categories created). How can this >be fixed?

In your admin center, there is a General Categories and a Type Category and a Location Category, you need to create all these three types of categories.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Still having trouble with 'select category' Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-16-13 04:33 AM next post previous post
Hi - thanks for your help so far. I have figured out the first two of my problems... I am still having trouble with the 'select category' however.\ \ When I go to 'Post New Ad', I select the Ad Type, then Ad Location, and it says 'No Category selected' IN RED with a box to click on to select a category. When I click on that, it brings up another box to select category, but there's nothing listed there to select (even though I have a number of categories created).\ \ I checked and all three of my categories are active (General Categories, Type Categories and Location Categories) yet when I try to place an ad, I can't go any further because there is nothing showing up for 'select category'????\ \ How can this be fixed?
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-16-13 04:37 AM next post previous post
I'm including a screen shot here so you can see what my error looks like.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 04-16-13 04:48 AM last post previous post
You messed up the cgi url in admin->configuration, I fixed it and changed your temproary url by your domain name, now you can access your domain direct and I posted test ad, all working fine.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print