Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 18, 2024 09:41 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Problems with sql...
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
chill chill's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Sellence Classifieds Send private message

Problems with sql... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 01-12-13 05:49 PM next post first post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I get this error when I'm logged in as user and start to post ad in Classifiedawy. It occurs when I click the drop down menu for to Select Your Ad Type or the Select Your Region. \ \ SQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '=)' at line 1\ Query: \ SELECT Name FROM Ads_Categories_Name WHERE (Lang='English' AND Cat_ID=)\ Line 1320, File /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/classified/SQLlib.pm.\ \ I also noticed the Category button is blank and when I click it, a new window pops up telling me error 404.\ \ I didn't find any help on this in the forum, so this is why I am posting this.\ \ Charles
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Problems with sql... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 01-13-13 06:26 AM next post previous post

I regsitered on your site and tried to post an ad, your pst ad page is messed up, you need to restore the post ad template and language file. http://www.sellence.com/

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Sellence Classifieds Send private message

No Problem, but have another problem. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 01-13-13 07:39 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I followed your instructions and the problem went away, but...\ \ Now, I have the same problem as post http://www.mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=1852&Forum=3&Page=1&Period=0&Lang=English has. This was about the category list not showing up in the popup window. I followed what you told him to do, but to no avail. Basically, I uploaded all the files from the update except the data/templates/Default/Config.pm file, so I could retain the look and feel of the website. So, I don't know where my error is. The *.js in the html/classifieds/ are set to 755 (execution). Any help would be greatly appreciated.\ \ In addition, I can't upload a pic. The error reads: \ \ Can 't read source image file /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/httpdocs/classifieds/upload/untitled.GIF: Inappropriate ioctl for device\ Line 911, File /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/classified/PostAdLib.pm \ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 01-14-13 06:01 AM next post previous post

The .js files should be uploaded in ascii mode.

The Pic error means your GD modules is old and does not support the gif files. ask your hosting to  update the GD module to the latest version or you wil haveto switch hosting if they refuse to update it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Tree categories working, but the dreaded sql error has occurred. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 01-14-13 06:25 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I got the categories tree to work. Thank you. The GD module should be updated by my host soon, too. But, now the post ad is not working. I'm getting the dreaded SQL Error: Unknown column 'Currency' in 'field list'Query: I noted the problems that others had, but I did upload all the update files correctly and set the permissions correctly and retained my frontpage look, so I don't know where the error is? I did previously do the updates regulary, but I must have made an error somewhere. But, I figured if I updated all the files in the update folder I recently downloaded, there wouldn't have been a problem... Any help on your part will be greatly appreciated as usual.\ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 01-15-13 09:50 PM next post previous post
To aviod all the mess done, do fresh install under another folder and use the same mysql database to keep you database, then transfer your customizations to the new install.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Some progress is being made. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 6 Posted on: 01-18-13 06:31 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft:\ \ I did as you suggested and things seem to be working ok. I do have two questions that I can't resolve though. \ \ How do I change the categories so that they are not in one long row. I'm using my customized front page and everything is ok except for the categories and its subfolder. I like the old front page format, so the categories will be in the same place as old setup you had with the featured and newest below.\ \ I cannot get the visualhtmleditor to work in the viewad page. I followed what you told others about removing the line and changing the "" "1", so it will always be available, but this doesn't work. I noticed it doesn't work in your demo either.\ \ As usual, any help will be greatly appreciated.\ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Registered Member
Member Offline

About the home page columns Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 7 Posted on: 01-19-13 03:01 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft,\ \ I found out how to change the home page column number. But, I still need help on the visualhtmleditor.\ \ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 8 Posted on: 01-19-13 07:26 PM next post previous post

I released an update for the visual html editor:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=2316&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

About the zip file Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 9 Posted on: 01-20-13 01:35 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft,\ \ I downloaded the file, but I'm getting an error.\ \ Error#: 25115\ Error: Bad offset to local header.\ \ I believe the zip file is corrupted.\ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 10 Posted on: 01-20-13 01:44 PM next post previous post
No problem, I uploaded it now again, try.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Zip file... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 11 Posted on: 01-20-13 02:26 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft,\ \ The update is functioning just fine! Thank you. If you don't mind, I would like to suggest something. Is it possible to put in our my accounts the date(s) for paying the renewal licenses for the products we paid for and is it possible for all the updates for all the products we paid for to be in our my accounts. For example, in my account the update for classifiedawy is the only product there, but I have purchased backupawy and validawy. I hope this makes sense...\ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Registered Member
Member Offline

About the image upload. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 12 Posted on: 01-23-13 07:22 PM next post previous post
Dear Mewsoft,\ \ My web hoster updated the GD Module, but it still doesn't work. Here is the information.\ \ GD Module Version 2.35. Required 2.19 at least\ \ GIF Test \ ----------------\ File: /var/www/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/test.gif \ \ Trying to read the Gif graphics file with GD ...\ I can read Gif file\ \ Trying to create new Gif image \ I can create Gif images \ \ Trying to resize Gif image \ Done resizing.\ \ Trying to create Gif output file \ I can write output JPG images \ \ \ JPG Test \ ----------------\ File: /var/www/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/test.jpg \ \ Trying to read the Jpeg graphics file with GD ...\ I can read Jpeg file\ \ Trying to create new JPG image \ I can create JPG images \ \ Trying to resize JPG image \ Done resizing. \ \ Trying to create JPG output file \ I can write output JPG images \ \ \ PNG Test \ ----------------\ File: /var/www/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/test.jpg \ \ Trying to read the Png graphics file with GD ...\ I can read Png file\ \ Trying to create new Png image \ I can create Png images \ \ Trying to resize Png image \ Done resizing. \ \ Trying to create Png output file \ I can write output Png images \ \ \ Done... \ \ Here is the error:\ \ Can 't read source image file /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/httpdocs/class/upload/untitled.GIF: Inappropriate ioctl for device\ Line 842, File /home/httpd/vhosts/sellence.com/cgi-bin/class/PostAdLib.pm \ \ Sincerely,\ Charles
Member Offline

Reply #: 13 Posted on: 01-23-13 08:17 PM last post previous post

I posted an ad to your site:

http://www.sellence.com/cgi-bin/class/classified.cgi?action=ViewAd&ID=1178962108&Cat_ID=4&Lang=English

with both jpg and gif and worked fine. May be your image is corrupted.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print