Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Tuesday, April 16, 2024 09:17 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Reserve Auctions - "reserve not met"
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Reserve Auctions - "reserve not met" Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-06-11 04:51 PM next post first post
Hi Ahmed,\ \ First, I really enjoy your software, so thank you for your efforts here. Secondly, as I've had the software for a short time, I noticed an issue with the reserve auctions.\ \ Basically, when a seller posts a reserve auction and a bidder bids and meets that reserve price, the system doesn't update the page to show the blue link "reserve met" next to the bid price. It works fine if there are two or more bidders, however when it's a single bidder, the reserve price never shows that it was met and the bidder has no way of knowing if he reached the reserve price or not.\ \ This is an issue, as many bidders may bid on items and think they didn't reach the reserve, therefore are not obligated to complete the transaction. It will cause problems when they receive the email that they won an item that they had no idea they won, because the listing always showed as "reserve not met".\ \ I'm assuming there's a simple fix for this, but I haven't been able to identify it as of yet. If you could let me know how to do this, I think it would be very helpful not only for me, but other owners of this software as well. \ \ \ Thank You
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Reserve Auctions - "reserve not met" Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-07-11 05:44 PM next post previous post

I released an update to this feature:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=2406&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-07-11 07:27 PM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

I released an update to this feature:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=2406&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

\
\ \ Ahmed,\ \ Thanks for doing an update for this. I uploaded the files, but it isn't really the way it should be. Something is still off. When I start an auction off at say $50 and set the reserve to $75, if the first bidder bids $50, it automatically says that the reserve has been met at $75. It shouldn't be that way either, because the bidder bid $50, not $75, so the code is still off. It should still read $50 (reserve not met) until he bids $75 or more. As the update stands now, he is being calculated as bidding more than he actually bid. \ \ Can you fix this? It isn't right.\ \ \ Thanks again
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 02-08-11 01:55 AM next post previous post

Correct, please update the cgi file Bidding.pm only

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 02-08-11 10:28 AM next post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:

Correct, please update the cgi file Bidding.pm only

Thanks

\
\ \ Hi Ahmed,\ \ I did that and it's still not right. Here's what keeps happening. The starting bid is set at $50. The reserve is set at $75. If the bidder bids $75 or more, then it reads correctly as "reserve met". However the problem still exists when the bidder bids let's say $65. It says "reserve not met", which is correct. But then if he bids again $75 or more, the auction price still stays at $65 and says "reserve not met". \ \ So while it works if the initial bid meets or exceeds the set reserve price, it doesn't work if the bidder initially bids less than the reserve and then bids again to try to meet the reserve - he could bid $1000 and it still reads as $65 (reserve not met).\ \ I'm sorry to be such a pain, but it's still not working as it should. Can you fix this? \ \ \ Thanks again for your help.
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 02-08-11 11:15 AM next post previous post
No problem, just update the file Bidding.pm again.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 02-08-11 11:45 AM last post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
No problem, just update the file Bidding.pm again.
\
\ \ Ahmed,\ \ It works perfect. Thanks so much for fixing it.\ \ I would also like to discuss with you an idea I have for a custom job, but I will contact you via email regarding that later on today.\ \ Thanks again
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print