Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, March 28, 2024 12:17 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > RSS Feed Problem
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
deans deans's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

RSS Feed Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-23-12 05:10 AM next post first post
Greetings, I recently upgraded my website using your latest zip download. I backed up my database, renamed my public_html to public_html1, then installed the new files using your auto-installer. I restored my database. Everything looks great, and I love the new look! You have a great product! My problem is I can't get the RSS feeds working. I bought all the modules originally (last March), so I uploaded the .pm files using ASCII, set the permissions to 755. When I go into the Extensions Manager, I try to "generate a RSS file" and I get the following error: The website cannot display the page HTTP 500 Most likely causes: The website is under maintenance. The website has a programming error. What you can try: Refresh the page. Go back to the previous page. More information I checked all my folder permissions, they are 755. I even changed everything to 777, still no luck. Also, the "RSS Feeder Manager" is grayed out, and says I need the "RSSMaker" module. I uploaded the RSSMaker.pm files, so I don't know why it is grayed out. Thanks for any help you can provide. Dean
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: RSS Feed Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-23-12 07:42 AM next post previous post

You need to upload the 2 files:

AutoRss.cgi       (set its permissions to 755)
RssMaker.pm

Also I tried to see your RSS feed here:

http://www.bid4critters.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi?action=Browse&Search=Category&Cat_ID=17&CatA_ID=0&Lang=English

and it seems not installed, you need to upload the file:

RssFeeder.pm

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

RSS Feed Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-23-12 08:44 AM next post previous post

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did already install those files under the cgi-bin/auction directory and set the permissions. It doesn't work. Also I do not have an RssFeeder.pm file. It did not come in my modules file from you. These are the files I received:

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: RSS Feed Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-23-12 09:02 AM next post previous post

Just email me and I'll send you the latest modules package.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

RSS Problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-23-12 09:43 AM last post previous post

Hi Ahmed, The new files seemed to work. I can click on the orange RSS button and it asks me if I want to subscribe - thanks!  One more question:  The blue "RSS" text above the orange button in the category page - what is that for?  When I click on it, I get a 404 error. 

Dean 

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print