New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
elena elena's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Search problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 11-18-13 06:38 PM next post first post
Hi,\ \ I just tried serching for my items "crib bedding" using the Smart Search with:\ with all of the words, then\ with the exact phrase, then\ with at least one of the words...\ \ The system takes me to the next page, where it says: "no ads found", and in the new serch window on this new page my 'crib bedding' phrase is reverted into 'bedding crib'.\ When I fix the phrase back to 'crib bedding' in this new search window, it finds my listings now.\ \ What is wrong with the Smart Search page?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Search problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 11-19-13 04:00 AM next post previous post

Of course bedding crib is not the same as crib bedding, if you want the equavlent of both, you should use:

bedding OR crib to find results with any order, of course with none ORed words, the words order matters in phrases.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 11-19-13 10:06 AM next post previous post
I am sorry, I probably was not clear enough in my explaination of the problem. I will try again.\ On the 'advanced search' window I type "crib bedding", which is how it is spelled in my item's title.\ The system is not finding the item. When I put in the exact title of my item "Bumble Bee crib bedding set"- the system is not finding it either.\ Please try yourself:\ \ http://74.52.237.178/~elena/cgi-bin/classified/classified.cgi?action=AdvancedSearch&Cat_ID=0&CatA_ID=0&CatB_ID=122&Lang=English\ \ Please note: the system only finds my listings when using the simple search for the second time, after the advanced search fails.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Search problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 11-19-13 10:37 AM next post previous post

Your own problem is you still have the default Custom Fields Enabled. Therefore in the advanced search still apear and selected by default:

General Textbox:
General Text area:
General Menu:
General Check Boxes:
Red Blue Green Yellow
White
General Radio Buttons:
Toyota Mazda Nissan Honad Ford
Renult Fiat Sunny

You see the General Menu set to Google which is Filters search results by this field. You need to disable the default custom fields, go to your classifieds Admin, click on Custom fields Manager, then set all fields to not Active, that's click on Edit for each fields and disable the checkbox Active and make sure these fields does not display on the advanced search page.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Reply #: 4 Posted on: 11-19-13 05:39 PM last post previous post
Ok. I did that. Now the search is finding my listings alright.\ But, can you please explaing what those fields that I disabled are for anyways?:\ \ General Textbox: \ General Text area: \ General Menu: GoogleYahooOverture\ \ General Check Boxes: Red Blue Green Yellow \ White \ \ General Radio Buttons: Toyota Mazda Nissan Honad Ford \ Renult Fiat Sunny \ \ I tried the 'what is this?' option to get an explaination, but it does not work.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print