New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
gofindit4me gofindit4me's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

spidering problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 10-18-11 05:36 PM next post first post
My hosting company installed the HTML::SimpleLinkExtor for me but I am still getting the error message\ \ \ Software error:\ Can't locate HTML/SimpleLinkExtor.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/search/public_html/cgi-bin/dir . /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.2 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at spider.cgi line 88.\ BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at spider.cgi line 88.
wannauseit wannauseit's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile PM

Re: spidering problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 10-18-11 05:45 PM next post previous post
It's possible that your hosting company didn't install the whole Module.\ \ Sometimes hosting companies don't install the whole library of a module.\ \ Some subs of that module must be missing.
gofindit4me gofindit4me's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

spidering problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 10-19-11 11:43 AM next post previous post
I have contacted them again and they say it has been fully installed, they checked again for me this morning. I still get the same error message.\ \ i have looked at the script and on the spider.cgi it says to use HTML::SimpleLinkExtor but looking through the rest of the software it only mentions HTML::LinkExtor does this make any difference or is it a seperate function (I dont know as Im no programmer).\ \ Can Ahmed or someone else at mewsoft have a look at this. I paid for an install and I can't use the feature which was the main reason I bought this software.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: spidering problem Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 10-19-11 04:50 PM last post previous post

If the error says it is not installed, then  for sure it is not installed, your testserver.cgi does not show it as installed, it is here:

http://gofindit4.me.uk/cgi-bin/dir/testserver.cgi

They can download it from cpan.org here:

http://search.cpan.org/~bdfoy/HTML-SimpleLinkExtor-1.12/

or they can use cpan shell tool to automatically install it.

Yes HTML::SimpleLinkExtor is NOT the  HTML::LinkExtor which is installed., the later is sub module bundled in HTML-Parser  http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/HTML-Parser-3.50/

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print