Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 18, 2024 12:29 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Searchawy > submit URL only to subcategories not to main or root
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
wiswis wiswis's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

submit URL only to subcategories not to main or root Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 06-22-13 09:49 AM next post first post
Hi,\ I want the user to submit URL only to the subcategories not to the main or root categories.\ So, from the category manager when I click on Edit to untick the "accept submissions" option to let the user submit their URL only to the subcategories, but it doesn't work and the system still accept new submission within the main or the root categories.\ Could you tell me please how to fix that, or how it does work?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: submit URL only to subcategories not to main or root Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 06-22-13 04:09 PM next post previous post

You are correct, fixed and released an update for it:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=2530&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Thank you again

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

wiswis wiswis's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website http:// Send private message

still the No Accept subcategories Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 06-23-13 01:33 AM next post previous post
I did update the three files that you mentioned:\ Configuration.pm\ AddURL.pm\ SQLlib.pm\ but still the root categories accepting new URLs although they marked NO "unteck". I think after filling the "Add site" form by the user then click submit, the page should turn to an error to tell them they are not allowed to place a site in this root category ... etc. \ if the problem still ON, I have to send an e-mail "manually" for each new submission within the root categories, or place a Note to tell users not to submit URLs to this root category and so on.... \ what do you think ..
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: submit URL only to subcategories not to main or root Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 06-23-13 07:02 AM last post previous post

If the category accept is disabled:

Accept Submissions?:

is unchecked, when the user fills the add site form, click the submit button, the program will return to the add site form filled with the user data and displaying error at the top that you can customize the messageto tell the user whatever you want.

May be you downloaded the zip file before it was been updated, try again but I tested the files are ok.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print