New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Time Zones Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 02-21-11 03:01 PM next post first post
Ahmed,\ \ Is there any way to adjust timezones based on where the bidder or seller lives in? For example, if someone lives in the United States and the system time is set at 12pm, in the UK it would actually be 6pm. So if the system is setup for EST in the U.S., the bidder or seller in the U.K. will have the wrong time displayed for them. The same thing applies to any auctions that are started in the UK. It would be unfair for the bidders in the UK to see that an auction is ending at 12pm, when in reality for them, it would be ending at 6pm. I would hate for them to have to do the math in their head every single time they want to know when an auction is ending.\ \ I realize that they always have the auction clock to turn to, but it would be helpful if they had a specific time to reference. As it stands right now, only people that live in the timezone where the server is located is getting the correct time that the auction is ending. Anyway to adjust it so that each member has the option to select their own timezone? Perhaps something that could be added to the account manager?\ \ \ Thanks
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Time Zones Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 02-21-11 03:13 PM next post previous post
No supported. The system displays only its time zone and everyone else has his system click. of course you can use some javascript coding to do what you want, you can find ready code on the net.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

bgw bgw's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Re: Time Zones Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 02-21-11 03:29 PM last post previous post
\ \ \ \ \
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
mewsoft's Wrote:
No supported. The system displays only its time zone and everyone else has his system click. of course you can use some javascript coding to do what you want, you can find ready code on the net.
\
\ \ Ok, so it's not possible to do, great. Just to respond to your statement in the other thread, I spend quite a bit of time in the Admin panel, thank you very much. I was looking for the backend way to adjust the character length, not via the admin panel. There are many things NOT in the admin panel that I may want to change/alter in the future. Knowing which files to go into would be helpful.
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print