Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Thursday, April 18, 2024 07:26 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Trying to register as a new user
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Trying to register as a new user Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 04-08-10 12:49 AM next post first post
I am trying to register as a new user, but when I submit the registration form I get the following error:\ Can't open mail Program /usr/lib/sendmail: No such file or directory.\ I have looked at the test server and it looks like I have sendmail and I have checked that it is set to /usr/sbin/sendmail in configurations. What piece of the puzzle am I missing to get it to work?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Trying to register as a new user Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-08-10 09:12 AM next post previous post
It means you used the worng sendmail location in admin -> configuration, use the testserver to help you determine what is the location of the sendmail on your server, is it /usr/sbin/sendmail or the default location or whatever you find it use it in admin -> configuration, if you can not find it ask your hosting, it may be not available.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

amateur amateur's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Register page - still causing problems Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-09-10 10:24 AM next post previous post
I have checked with my hosting company and they have supplied me with this adress for send mail "/usr/sbin/sendmail " I have put that in configurations but I still cant get to register a new user. However now nothing happens when I press the submit button. No error, no nothing. The registration form just comes back on again. What should I do?
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Trying to register as a new user Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-09-10 03:19 PM last post previous post
The only 2 steps required are installing the software correct and configuring it, nothing else need to be done, if you have installed it the right way, set all permissions, transferred all files under /cgi-bin in ascii mode, then you should be fine. For sendmail location, you can test your mail setting simply by using the link "Contact Us" from the user side, see if you received the email or not, this tests the email system for you. As I said before, the sendmail location also you can detect using our testserver.cgi.\ \ Post your website url it may help checking it.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print