Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Saturday, April 20, 2024 08:51 AM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > Two Errors Still Need Fixing
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
springanew springanew's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Two Errors Still Need Fixing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 12-10-10 04:06 AM next post first post

I am doing some good things with the program but still have two errors I would like to fix.

A) Several links still call to wrong type file:

1) Clicking on any "switch to visual html editor"  or

2) //Clicking on the red "register" link in the Welcome area//fixed register link thanks// Both still call for a < !--xyz-- > url (or file) and both go to error messages.

B) Also, When a person makes an entry in the "about me" field and click on save, they get the error:

Can't creat directory home/sananton/public_html/classifieds/aboutme/springanew: No such file or directory Line 370, File /home/sananton/public_html/cgi-bin/classified/Accounts.pm

But the file really is there.

I haven't done much if any editing in front page, and have checked chmods but I am overlooking something. I have fixed other items and just need these areas working.

Thank you,

Leslie/Springanew

mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Two Errors Still Need Fixing Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-10-10 04:37 AM next post previous post
It seems your about me directory is worng, I see it does not start with backslash /, it should be the same as you see it in the script error /home/sananton/public_html/xxxx, as for the register link, that was an old fix here and you can either update the language file General.pm or replace the class
Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
<!--CLASS::Sign_Up-->

by the class
Code: HTML    Select All    Expand All
<!--CLASS::Register-->

. As for the html editor I answered your other post.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-10-10 04:45 AM next post previous post
I usually don't ask twice unless I didn't understand the answer the first time embarrasment)\ \ I will study your answers and see if I can figure it/them out, or ask again with respect but please remember for some of us this is a new language.\ \ I did fix the register link by following the directions in past posts. Thank you fellow users!\ \ Have a good Sunday.\ \ Leslie/Springanew\ \ Each error fixed is one less to ask about embarrasment)
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-10-10 04:59 AM last post previous post
The paths have about driven me crazy, it seems they should be so simple.\ \ (sigh)\ \ And I think I now see what / you say is missing. It is at the beginning of the whole line. It's amazing how one little item can throw off a whole function.\ \ OK, we are getting closer to having the errors fixed.\ \ Thanks!\ \ Leslie/Springanew
Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print