New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
billgoods billgoods's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Updates Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 03-28-10 02:49 PM next post first post
Hello,\ \ We just seen (!!!) many emails from you saying there were some updates for our auction soft.\ \ Can you please tell us :\ \ 1/\ If we have to do what you ask in each email, starting for the first one, or if it is sufficient to make the LAST update ?\ \ 2/\ We have two languages, and about 7 custom pages. Is there a risk the update amend or even delete something there ? In other words, is there a risk the templates can cause an interruption of service ?\ \ 3/\ I have seen in one post that you can do the updates for $50.00. Would it be possible to update our site yourself, and if yes at which conditions ? (our current version is 9.26)\ \ Thanks,\ vince
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Updates Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-29-10 01:32 AM next post previous post

1/
If we have to do what you ask in each email, starting for the first one, or if it is sufficient to make the LAST update ?

As We say always, you need to apply updates on time once released. Each update may have new sql commandsneed to run which updated to sql tables or new language variables or changes to forms on templates or basic layout, so you can not skip, commulative upgrade will work if you want to start over or fresh istall.

2/
We have two languages, and about 7 custom pages. Is there a risk the update amend or even delete something there ? In other words, is there a risk the templates can cause an interruption of service ?

Following the updates istructions will not harm anything in your install

3/
I have seen in one post that you can do the updates for $50.00. Would it be possible to update our site yourself, and if yes at which conditions ? (our current version is 9.26)

That for each update not for commulative updates, as I said above, you have to review the updates since your version and apply the SQL changes if any, add all language variables, modify all templates necessary changes, see if any configurations, etc. Since 9.xx we released many major versions with new features, why you did not apply them, a custom work like that may be over $300 to make it all. Anyway, since you have live website, before doing anything, do SQL backup from your admin center, THEN, backup your entire website to your local computer, if you have Shell access Tar,Gzip your entire site, and it is recommended to do this always before doing update, changes, etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

tigerbytail tigerbytail's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

UpDate Ordering Help Needed Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-02-10 11:05 AM next post previous post
I can not do these updates myself. I am not a computer programmer & do not understand a lot of the computer terms. My Mewsoft Auction site has been running over a year now! I receive the update notices in my e-mail. The IT guy I had working on this stuff is extremely difficult to get in touch with so I have not been successful in relaying these update notices to him. I have looked on the Mewsoft site for a way to order these updates to be installed on my site & could not find anywhere to place an order for such! Please Help.
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Updates Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-03-10 11:34 AM last post previous post
On 09/19 we answered your email about this. When updates released, you can order our service as a custom work for installting the updates which may start from $25 only. Very older versions may be hard to do all the updates at once and will cost too much. If you do not have lots of users you can do fresh install if you have very old version.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print