Welcome Visitor, Please Login or Register Now Friday, March 29, 2024 02:04 PM 
Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Upload directory size increasing very fast.
New Topic   New Reply
Search for:
jason jason's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Send private message

Upload directory size increasing very fast. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
First Post Posted on: 05-26-10 10:39 AM next post first post
Hello,\ \ When Items relist, is a new picture created for the listing every time it relists?\ \ I am gettin my backups growing is size very quicly. I have about 1000 auctions running, and in the upload directory there are over 10000 files. My backup size has gone from 100 megs to about 500 megs without any significant additions of auctions to the system.\ \ Can I somehow purge the old pictures? (if this is the issue)\ \ Thanks.\ Jason M. Roderick\ Webmaster@wansworld.net
mewsoft mewsoft's personal page
Administrator Team Member
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Upload directory size increasing very fast. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-27-10 02:38 AM next post previous post

Yes sure every time the item relists it generates a new copy of all images uploaded. You can purge old auctions from your admin -> system maintainance.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Purging Items.... Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-28-10 06:05 PM next post previous post
Ok, I purged the old auctions, but the pictures in the upload directory are still there. Currently there are about 1000 auctions running, and there are over 11,000 pictures. Another point ot mention, is that i beleive all these pictures are from the currently running auctions. (they are being relisted many times due to the fact they are not selling.) \ \ Any other pointers?\ \ Jason M. Roderick\ Webmaste@Wansworld.net\ \ Thanks.
Member Offline
View Member's Profile Visit member's website Mewsoft Corporation Send private message ICQ Messenger: ICQ AIM Messenger: AIM YIM Messenger: Yahoo MSN Messenger: MSN

Re: Upload directory size increasing very fast. Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-28-10 07:05 PM next post previous post
If your auctions has many images or files uploaded then this number is normal. In general since you offered images upload you should have the space, webspace now is ver big for few bucks.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Registered Member
Member Offline

Upload dir size Edit Delete Reply with quote Quote
Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-28-10 09:31 PM next post previous post
That is true, I do not have a problem with the disk space I have on the server I am using. I do not think space will be a problem in the near future. However, when I do a backup, I download it to my home computer. With the steady increase in size, it takes longer and longer to download the files and, they no longer fit on a CDR disk. That was my real intention of reducing the size.\ \ Of course, there could be better ways to produce a backup, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know.\ \ Thanks again.\ Jason M. Roderick\ Webmaster@Wansworld.net
Member Offline

Reply #: 5 Posted on: 05-29-10 05:45 AM next post previous post
For now you can get a DVD writer drive and get a double layer DVD roms, it is 8.5GB disk space will let you do backup for long time until your site gets larger you can then have backup solution like Tape backup etc.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

romahawk romahawk's personal page
Registered Member
Member Offline

Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-24-11 11:46 AM next post previous post
Can we get the program to auto delete old images when an item re-lists or ends? I just reloaded my site and there were several thousand images for only a couple of hundred auctions.\ \ If not how can we tell the images that are no longer being used so we can trim the file manually ?
Member Offline

Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-24-11 01:41 PM last post previous post

mewsoft's Wrote:

Yes sure every time the item relists it generates a new copy of all images uploaded. You can purge old auctions from your admin -> system maintainance.

You can purge old auctions from your admin -> system maintainance. No other solutions.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

Page 1 of 1
Go to page:

New Topic   New Reply Mark Unread
Jump to:  
Delete   Move     Lock   +Favorits   +Notify   Print