Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Register fails
nibb First Post Posted on: 12-22-08 01:37 AM
Register fails

Hi, i finally got 8 version installed. I impoted the database and everything seems to work fine except for the registration button. When i click the Register button it gives a 500 error. Its the only thin that is not working, i can log in with my old username etc. Any tips?
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 12-22-08 02:20 AM
Re: Register fails

Run the testserver.cgi and see if any modules not installed. Also check permissions on all files and if you used FTP to install make sure all files transfered in ASCII mode.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nibb Reply #: 2 Posted on: 12-22-08 02:48 AM

Well i did the instructions the configured my FTP to use the files\ ASCII mode for the files: *.cgi, *.pm, *.ini, *.html, *,shtml. *.txt, *.js\ So thats not it. What i did not did is configure the perl locations since it already runs with the default. Maybe some file has not the default perl location. The testserver.cgi gives me a 500 error too. I took it outsite my auction folder and it put it directly on the cgi-bin and it works. (weard) maybe the testserver.pm has something to do with that. Well all modules are installed. Only the registration module it now working. How can i test it directly via Telnet? Maybe it has to do something with database i imported, all others things on the software work. Weard.
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 12-22-08 02:56 AM

You can not import direct from old NEtAuction 6.xx to Auctionawy 2005, delete your database then create it again. Then if you have a database that deserves to transfer from the old NE 6.xx you have to use our Migration tool, see our Announments forum for post about the migration tool.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

nibb Reply #: 4 Posted on: 12-22-08 03:04 AM

Corrected, it seems register.pm was not full transfered. It works now. I gives some SSL missing objects but i will see what this.\ thanks