Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Backup SQL Database Into Text Files?
maverick First Post Posted on: 03-03-09 02:35 AM
Backup SQL Database Into Text Files?

where does Backup SQL Database Into Text Files function put files?
maverick Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-03-09 03:48 AM
Re: Backup SQL Database Into Text Files?

i want a complete backup whereas server backup link only backs up files not the database. or am i doing something wrong? or should i do something more?
mewsoft Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-03-09 05:20 AM

SQL database backup files saved under the directory data/database so you can download this directory in ASCII mode on your computer for database backup and it is very recommended if you have active site or created a categories, banners etc.

The website backup is another issue not our products issue, your site control panel may have a tool to backup the whole site and download it as a .tar.gz file, normally this is available in Cpanel and in new Plesk controls panels. You can ask your hosting if this feature is available.

Also our products has admin option Server backup but you need some experiance to create the backup using the zip and archive programs on your server if they are installed.

The third method to backup of course is to FTP everything to your computer.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

maverick Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-03-09 07:17 AM

My question: What steps should I take to back up my exact entire site including program files, images, member data and most importantly _database_ ?\ \ \ SQL database backup files are in another format not the standard SQL format. How can one can restore these files?\ \ other backup option that i said is _exactly_ admin option server backup not the cpanel's or plesk's or another.
mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-04-09 02:09 AM

I answered this question in details above, ask your hosting company for how to backup your site.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com