Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > category update
hrsr First Post Posted on: 03-23-09 10:08 AM
category update

the new categoey update works well in ie but not mozzilla.\ in mozzila when you select the cat you want and fill out the rest of the page it says please error: select a category.\ also if you choose a cat and then choose a region it will erase the cat you selected.\ \ i even tried it on your demo and the same problem.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 03-23-09 10:38 AM
Re: category update

BROWSER COMPATIBILITY
Below are browsers supported by categories tree
MSIE (Windows)NETSCAPE (Window/MAC)MOZILLA/FIREFOX(Windows/MAC)OPERA(Windows)SAFARI(MAC)
v4.0v6.xFireFox v0.8v7.2.3v1.4
v5.0v7.xFireFox v1.0  
v5.5v8.0Mozilla 1.4  
v6.0 Mozilla 1.5  
  Mozilla 1.6  
  Mozilla 1.7.*  

Other OS's may be supported also.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

hrsr Reply #: 2 Posted on: 03-23-09 10:46 AM

so 1.0.6 would be supported if i read that right?
hrsr Reply #: 3 Posted on: 03-23-09 10:50 AM

so 1.0.6 would be supported if i read that right?
mewsoft Reply #: 4 Posted on: 03-23-09 10:51 AM

The above browsers and OS's are what we tested but sure you can test others and report here.

Thanks

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

hrsr Reply #: 5 Posted on: 03-23-09 10:54 AM

thanks a bunch!\ just to note i have firefox 1.0.6 and it does not work.
mewsoft Reply #: 6 Posted on: 03-23-09 11:12 AM

I just double checked FireFox 1.0.6 on Win 2K and works fine. What OS you are using.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

hrsr Reply #: 7 Posted on: 03-23-09 12:37 PM

im using xp.\ no the tree works, but when you go to review it says you must choose a category. it dosent stay in the template.\ also if you choose a cat with the tree and then pick a region, it will refresh ofcourse and then it will say select category again.
hrsr Reply #: 8 Posted on: 03-23-09 12:45 PM

im using xp.\ no the tree works, but when you go to review it says you must choose a category. it dosent stay in the template.\ also if you choose a cat with the tree and then pick a region, it will refresh ofcourse and then it will say select category again.
hrsr Reply #: 9 Posted on: 03-23-09 12:56 PM

hrsr Reply #: 10 Posted on: 03-23-09 12:58 PM

sorry about the triple posting, every time i refresh browser it posts again unless i go to the front of the forum and navigate to this thread.
mewsoft Reply #: 11 Posted on: 03-23-09 03:19 PM

Yes someone else reported it, fix as follows please:

Code: HTML
</p><p>in the file Sell.html, edit this line:<br /><br />&lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;Cat_ID&quot; value=&quot;&lt;!--Cat_ID--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br /><br />to <br /><br />&lt;input type=&quot;hidden&quot; name=&quot;Cat_ID&quot; id=&quot;Cat_ID&quot; value=&quot;&lt;!--Cat_ID--&gt;&quot;&gt;<br /><br /></p><p>

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

hrsr Reply #: 12 Posted on: 03-23-09 03:33 PM

works exellent now! thanks a bunch.\ there for a minute i thought i was slipping(lol)
pm12124 Reply #: 13 Posted on: 04-02-09 04:54 PM

I'm having this same issue where the category id doesn't get set properly. I have verified I have the fix mentioned above in the html. I downloaded the update today and even tried the default templates over top mine and those didn't work either. I also verified I don't have the issue with your demo site. Do you know why else the category id isn't coming from the new window? I put an alert on the submit of the sell form and it says Cat_ID is 0 every time.\ \ Thanks,\ Philip