Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Watermark error when uploading GD::Image
mnpolock First Post Posted on: 04-07-09 10:58 AM
Watermark error when uploading GD::Image

When I try to upload an image for the auction I receive this error\ \ Can't locate object method "newFromGif" via package "GD::Image" at /xxx/xxx/xxx/cgi-bin/auction/SellLib.pm line 741.\ \ Any suggestions ... I looked and did not see any info on this posted... I found another site that said GD doesn't support gif and you have to switch to PNG?\ \ Does this apply ... is it as simple as changing the line of code from GIF to PNG.\ Thanks,\ \ Tony
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 04-08-09 10:52 AM
Re: Watermark error when uploading GD::Image

Ask your hosting copany toinstall the latest gdlib and GD modules, it does supports gif images since the start of the 2005 year after the patent expired. Also we have a test script on our download site and also have docs on how to install it here:

http://mewsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/forum.cgi?action=ViewTopic&Topic=455&Forum=6&Page=1&Period=0a&Lang=English

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mnpolock Reply #: 2 Posted on: 04-12-09 08:43 PM

If my hosting company is not willing to upgrade GD is there a way to modify the code so that it will work with my version (2.07) according to the test script\ \ GD Module Version 2.07. Required 2.19 at least
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 04-13-09 02:22 AM

Earlier versions does not support the GIF files, so they will be useless. If they refuse then you have to switch to another hosting company.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com