Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy
mnpolock First Post Posted on: 05-06-09 08:45 AM
Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy

This seems like it should be easy... in the Classes::Top Nav I am adding just another menu item, I created another General Class ... but for the life of me cannot figure out how I would set up the link so that it will work.\ \ What is the magic key so that I can have menu items with the Top Nav that will allow my users to go to classifieds or Boards on the top menu?\ \ Is it not a Custom General Class? DO I have to create a new header file that is just links ... a little direction if you don't mind ...
mnpolock Reply #: 1 Posted on: 05-06-09 09:19 AM
Re: Creating a link to Classifiedawy and Boardawy in Auctionawy

If anyone else is looking to do this here is the solution.\ \ #1 you have to insert a | right after the closing of the size to get the next vertical bar looks like this
Code: HTML
*size="2">|</font></td>

. So you have to add that for whatever the last menu option is. Then copy that line and paste it twice in my case (one for each of the other two products).\ \ For simplicity sake I just named then Auctions, Classifieds, Forums as the CLASS::Auctions ... you will need to remove the "> at the end of the statment as we will add that in the class we need to create... here is an example of a WORKING link\ \
 <td align="center" class="navlnk" nowrap><a href="<!--CLASS::Forums-->Forums</a><font color="#58876F" size="2">|</font></td> 

\ \ Then you need to create a new class that is named the same as the name you selected. In this case it would be Forums ... then simply past the code like this and save it\ \
 ../forum/forum.cgi"> 

\ \ That changes the directory back to the CGI dir and calls the right area to take you right to the application you were looking to call. \ \ I spent 4 hours figuring this out and hopefully it will make for a 5 minute fix for anyone else that is looking.\ \ KEYWORDS:\ \ Link Auctionawy or Classifiedawy or Boardawy to each other in the using the TOP Naviagation class creating new class for linking sites together how to link
mnpolock Reply #: 2 Posted on: 05-12-09 08:42 AM

Okay... if anyone plans on using an index file the solution I provided will not work. But this method will ... I am providing code snips that go along with what I already posted so that you can see the minor changes to the info about ... you still have to do everything above ... just change the way it looks to this.\ \ For the Top Nav edits you will need to make it look like this:\ \ In CLASS EDITOR in the file TOP NAVIGATION you will need to add this line if you have not already, it adds the menu item, you will also need to add this character | in the last menu item in the same location as all the rest of the items so that you get the menu seperator.\ \
 <td align="center" class="navlnk" nowrap> <!--CLASS::Auctions--> <font color="#FF9900" size="2">|</font></td> 

\ \ The Create a new General Class... I called it Auctions .. and you paste this code into that NEW class you just created:\ \
 <a href="http://www.yourdomainname.com/cgi-bin/auction/auction.cgi">Auctions</a> 

\ \ Now the link will work no matter what you do ... and you can now also insert ANY external links that you would like to. This was a problem for me and so I figured I would post it for the rest of the users to benefit from.\ \ Thanks, MNpolock ~ Tony
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 05-12-09 08:51 AM

I do not know why this should not be easy, all you need to do is insert the direct links like any other links, in your top nav classes insert the links to the other products in the form:

</p><p>&lt;a href=&quot;http:://domain.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classified.cgi&quot;&gt;Classifieds&lt;/a&gt;</p><p>

That's all you need to do.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

mnpolock Reply #: 4 Posted on: 05-12-09 09:05 AM

Your way will add a link ... but I wanted it to work with the current menus... and the way I have it set up it works like a champ. But thanks for the reply