Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Classifiedawy > I point browser to classified.cgi/ pl as instructed and get sql error
mach20 First Post Posted on: 07-17-11 11:45 PM
I point browser to classified.cgi/ pl as instructed and get sql error

I need help with this:\ \ SQL Error \ SQL Error: Access denied for user 'pat'@'localhost' (using password: NO)\ Query: \ DBI:mysql:database=classifieds;host=localhost;port=3306.\ \ This is suposed to happen after I have a chance to load and enter\ the admin page and mess something up!!\ No attempt to log in has been made, yet the program seems\ to move straight past the admin page on to denying entry.\ instructions have been followed thoroughly\ Ws_ftp is set load all like file, except for certain graphics as\ ASCII.\ Chmod is set to 755 on a unix server. \ Anyone knows a way around this?
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-19-11 05:29 AM
Re: I point browser to classified.cgi/ pl as instructed and get sql error

As I answered the email, also this question may be answered many times on this forum. Anyway for next customers, you need to add the user to the mysql database. This is not a software issue, it is your mysql database setup issue. On sites that have CPanel control panel, you create the database, then create the user, then select the database and select the user and add the user to the database.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com