Forums Index > Mewsoft Products > Auctionawy > Banner Advertising - Post Reading Banner.html
cbitterfield First Post Posted on: 07-07-09 04:04 PM
Banner Advertising - Post Reading Banner.html

Ok. I read the documentation first.\ \ I am trying to figure out how the banner system works. Is there a step by step on how to set up a campaign.\ \ For instance, I created a zone named Top_468 and magically a banner appeared on the front page. What are the other magic zone names and where do they appear?\ \ I see reference to zones named Right_120 but when I enabled it, nothing happened.\ \ Is there a way to setup a zone for a set of categories where the add would only appear when a user is one of the categories.\ \ More documentation please? How / Where do I put information in the template.
mewsoft Reply #: 1 Posted on: 07-07-09 10:20 PM
Re: Banner Advertising - Post Reading Banner.html

The full banner docs here:

http://www.mewsoft.com/help/auction/Banner_Manager.html

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

cbitterfield Reply #: 2 Posted on: 07-14-09 07:56 AM

Yeah,\ \ I read the whole document. It's not exactly helping.\ \ When I created the Zone "Top_468" and placed an ad in it, then wham magically a banner appeared.\ \ Are there other magic zone names like Right_120 and such?
mewsoft Reply #: 3 Posted on: 07-14-09 11:13 PM

This is not a magic zone, the templates comes with this zone inserted in your top_navigation class so when you create it in the admin and ad a banner to it , it works, you can create other zones and insert the zones class in the templates the same way.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

cbitterfield Reply #: 4 Posted on: 07-31-09 11:21 AM
Are there other zones already defined

I that is probably a better question.\ \ Top_468 is defined in Top Navigation Where are the other zones defined in the standard templates.
mewsoft Reply #: 5 Posted on: 08-01-09 05:18 AM

You place then anywhere in your template, in anyone that you want to display, it depends on you.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com

cbitterfield Reply #: 6 Posted on: 08-01-09 07:31 AM
The question was...

The quesetion was:\ \ The top_468 is already placed in the default template. \ \ \ Are there others in the default templates?
mewsoft Reply #: 7 Posted on: 08-02-09 03:02 AM

You create everything for the zones, campaigns, accounts, this is left just as a demo.

Mewsoft Support
www.mewsoft.com